Sean Dunne:AIB deal: Can anyone see him getting out of this without losing his shirt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sean Dunne:AIB deal: Can anyone see him getting out of this without losing his sh

Clubman, could you be the The Great Leveller's alter ego?
I don't thnk Sean Dunne wil go hungry. Most of these fellows will have a wedge ring-fenced. ;)

Re: Sean Dunne:AIB deal: Can anyone see him getting out of this without losing his sh

That's a really interesting article. Well worth reading.

Yeah really good article.

One wonders if reality has really dawned on Mr. Dunne when he says he is willing to take bets with anyone who says that the Ballsbridge development won't go ahead ...
"If anyone wants to bet I can’t do this, I will take that bet,”

In any case we will know more on January 30th.

An Bord Pleanála will rule on the Ballsbridge development.

I sent my other half the articles on Sean Dunne yesterday and our correspondance went like this

Me: What do you think of this?
Him: Arrogance over reality will bring him down
Me: Do you think he's arrogent, sounds like despair to me?
Him: More like a gambler chasing his money

This thread is interesting going back to 2006 and the views then. Even if he gets the planning how is he going to fund it not amind sell the apartments when there is no market.........
But it does remind me of a certain beef baron who owed the bank so much money that they couldn't and didn't let him fail and he's once again top of the heap. We had tribunals or somesuch about that too. Time will tell.

I've since been sent the odds (bookie odds) on when the property price index will go up and at 15 - 8 for 2012 Sean Dunne could be spot on.

I've since been sent the odds (bookie odds) on when the property price index will go up and at 15 - 8 for 2012 Sean Dunne could be spot on.

But notwithstanding the matters of the Planning Appeal, will the Bank that has funded the purchase, hang about or simply take the outcome of the decision of An Bord Planala, and sell the property on, absorbing the loss and put this experience down to another bad decision. Knowing the particular lenders in question I would put money on Mr.D becoming a historical piece of Pub Talk.

They don't seem to be very quick on closing down on developers. Rolling over debt etc. If he owes them too much it might not make sense to sell. In any case can it be sold? Are there buyers out there with cash or banks to fund them?

In any case can it be sold? Are there buyers out there with cash or banks to fund them?

The Bank in question should soon make him move to one side and take over the operation. Whilst not privy to the Inner detail, the Bank has to hold the ultimate decision on moving forward. Forward in this case will probably offloading the entire or alternatively a JV with others institutions to assemble a project on their terms on a lower profile for a development suitable to the area and pleasing to those that objected.

This thread is now continued here given that An Bord Pleanala has refused permission.

Brendan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back