Scrapping a car

passat

Hi. I have an old car in my garage which now needs to be scrapped, do i have to pay to have this done or will the scrap dealer pay me for the parts? car is more than 10 years old.thanks!

No u wont have to pay anything if there are any good parts in the car he will pay u for what the car is worth it may only be 100-300euro but its something

I decided to get a new car and scrap my '91 slightly damaged one that got too costly to maintain/insure

I contacted two garages and they both were going to charge me something like 150 for collecting and charge me 80-100 for scrapping the car !

I got them down to 200 for collecting and scrapping the car. Not sure if I was ripped off here or what?

It took ages for reminder letters to NCT and insure and tax my car to stop coming. I sent my vehicle licensing book to the local county council with letter to say it had been scrapped - but they needed a garda to inspect the car ....wtf !?

I got the garage to send me a letter confirming that the car had been scrapped and I sent this off to all parties and that stopped the letters coming.

Back