Scrappage scheme - manufacturer's offers

Ah be the hokey cokey Dr. Bill has done trojan work drumming up business for Reno.

Get the to throw a few penny apples as well.

Padraigb, If the quality and reliability has improved it would make me reconsider the Megane as the price I was quoted was 4k kess than Octavia. I know they have same engine as a Nissan Qashai, would be worried about the electrics? what information did you get from your checking ? if you don't mind sharing. Thanks.

Much of my checking was online, making use of search engines and the mental filters I have for screening out dodgy sites (renault+megane+roadtest was my main search). That got me mostly to roadtests published in established publications, discussion in a number of online forums, places like that. My main concern was, as yours seems to be, about the electrics. There seems to be a trade and user consensus that Renault have overcome the known problems in earlier Méganes. I didn't store the urls once I made my decision - sorry about that.

If you are interested in sporty performance, the 1.5 dCi 86 might not please you: acceleration is somewhat leisurely. That doesn't bother me.

Renault are by far and away the greatest success story of the scrappage scheme. Nobody can match them and they have to be commended on their work and if there are orders in the pipline as well as actual registrations, then they will have a tremendous year.

That actually creates another problem in itself which links to resale value. In 3-4 years time, or whenever people start to want to trade these in, the glut of these now (and there is a glut) will push their price down.

Another problem regarding waiting till April - that is not necessarily a bad thing -I would prefer a freshly ordered car, it means that it might not have sat somewhere in stock for ages.

That actually creates another problem in itself which links to resale value. In 3-4 years time, or whenever people start to want to trade these in, the glut of these now (and there is a glut) will push their price down.
This is something that would trouble me also. It will be like all the kids called John Paul that were born in '79.. They'll be everywhere! The only one who will buy them will be your friendly Renault dealer thus closing the circle.

On the Clio Royal there is only around €300 VRT on it, so it is purely a price reduction by Renault with only the 300 coming from the government.

I found the Opel Corsa to be a bigger reduction when quoted the other day. Deductions of 1500gov+2250 Opel and a opel distributor discount of another 750 on the day, making a total discount of 4500. 5 door Corsa coming in at 10600. I would consider the corsa a better car than the clio at 700 cheaper.

This is something that would trouble me also. It will be like all the kids called John Paul that were born in '79.. They'll be everywhere! The only one who will buy them will be your friendly Renault dealer thus closing the circle.

On the Clio Royal there is only around €300 VRT on it, so it is purely a price reduction by Renault with only the 300 coming from the government.

I found the Opel Corsa to be a bigger reduction when quoted the other day. Deductions of 1500gov+2250 Opel and a opel distributor discount of another 750 on the day, making a total discount of 4500. 5 door Corsa coming in at 10600. I would consider the corsa a better car than the clio at 700 cheaper.

Where was this price quoted for the corsa?

Back