Schoolkids hanging around outside house

sandrabing

Hey All
Does anyone know what Galway City centre boys school has maroon tracksuit and grey fleece as its uniform. I think its XXXXX but not sure.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: uniform from what school

Because everyday day they converge right outside my home which is 10 mins from the nearest schools. Fair enough they are waiting for a bus but every day they throw large amounts of litter into my garden. The real problem is that on a few occasions they have tried to push in the security gate to my building (actually damaging it once), they keep trying to "guess" the security code for the gate and find it hilarious to ring the buzzers outside the gate.
Today was the last straw they pushed in the gate and one of them went over to my car and tried to open it and I actually heard him say to his friends "lets see if its locked".
Maybe I am being unreasonable but I want to go and speak to the principal about it. Today they checked to see if my car was locked........what if its my front door tomorrow ??

Why not just go around to your local schools when school is finished, and see what uniform the pupils are wearing?

Why don't you ask /TELL the bus driver not to be picking up students at your gate as you feel threatened and that this is not an agreed bus stop, and to find somewhere nearer to whatever school, has he permission to use your gate as a bus stop.

Why don't you ask them what school they go to? How about speaking to them and requesting that they stop? Thats what I would do but can understand if you are feeling intimidated by them...Is their an official bus stop outside your home?

I don't think it'sunreasonable to expect some respect for your home and property. If they'd tried to get into my gate/car I'd have called the Gardai.

Why don't you ask /TELL the bus driver not to be picking up students at your gate as you feel threatened and that this is not an agreed bus stop, and to find somewhere nearer to whatever school, has he permission to use your gate as a bus stop.

There is an official bus stop across the road but it is easier for them to sit on my wall...........which I didnt really mind about at the start they weren't causing any trouble.

Lauren to answer your comment about speaking to them I am intimidated by them especially after yesterdays abuse and dont think they would see it from my point of view anyway.

Fair enough. Do you mean the abuse of tresspass or did they actually abuse you? I agree with liteweight too actually..I probably would have called the gardai re the car thing especially if you feel intimidated by them..

Last edited:
Fair enough. Do you mean the abuse of tresspass or did they actually abuse you? I agree with liteweight too actually..I probably would have called the gardai re the car thing especially if you feel intimidated by them..
Well verbal abuse "you're such a B**** " etc not life threatening I know but I would just be afraid of what they might do next. I though calling the Guards might have been a bit extreme and the kids probably would have been gone by the time they got here.

There is an official bus stop across the road but it is easier for them to sit on my wall...........
Aside from any other action you may take, you might consider having sturdy railings fitted to the top of your wall that would make it impossible for them to sit there.

Verbal abuse from the monsters as well as tresspass on your property and trying to open your car?? I'd be getting onto the pricipals of the local schools and the gardai. Thats not good enough! Not surprised you don't want to talk to them!

Found out which school. It wasn't the one I had mentioned in my first post so apologies to them. I rang the school in question and explained to the secretary what was going on. She seemed to take it seriously anyway and is passing it on to the principal who is going to ring me about it.

Have you got a video camera? If you do why not record them at work?

I may be a bit extreme here but I think you need to be careful about video taping anybody in a public place without their permission but especially with school children - somebody with a devious mind could make an issue out of an adult video taping innocent young school boys in their school uniforms (I know that they are not innocent and may be trespassing but these nuances may be lost in the telling of the story)

Like I said that's an extreme view but unfortunately may be something to consider.

Good point EFM but dont have video camera anyway. Principal rang me said that he would speak to students and will come down to the area today to see if anything is going on. He also recommended I call the guards if this persists but did thank me for going to him first.
I suppose I just have to wait and see what happens at 4 O'Clock today .... !

I though calling the Guards might have been a bit extreme.

I don't think it is extreme - it's what they do.

We had a similar problem during the summer and, after damage was caused, we reported it to the Gardai. They called to the house and told us to ring them 20 times a day if that what was needed.

The problem cleared after a couple of days of the Gardai getting them to move on.

I may be a bit extreme here but I think you need to be careful about video taping anybody in a public place without their permission but especially with school children - somebody with a devious mind could make an issue out of an adult video taping innocent young school boys in their school uniforms (I know that they are not innocent and may be trespassing but these nuances may be lost in the telling of the story)

Like I said that's an extreme view but unfortunately may be something to consider.
I don't see how anyone could accuse you of doing anything wrong. What if you had CCTV?

[broken link removed]

I've no idea how much it costs but if all else fails......
They can't be serious, this is funny...the cost is about £600...it assumes teenagers hear frequencies that adults and dogs don't. With the over-use of iPods these days I doubt teenagers can hear anything abover 15kHz.

Back