school next door extending..

Even if they agree to not doing work at the week-ends, I'd still put in an observation to the planning application. .... but it should ensure the condition about not working at week-ends is made.

Maybe. Maybe not. If the school extension is needed urgently (eg to avert overcrowding) the planners will have to balance the interests of the kids against those of the neighbours.

Maybe. Maybe not. If the school extension is needed urgently (eg to avert overcrowding) the planners will have to balance the interests of the kids against those of the neighbours.

theres no over crowding in our area i assure u. in fact i`d go as far as saying i dont think they`ll be extending for classrooms. it may well be a hall or an extra room maybe. i dont know this nor did i pose the Q im only speculating. the school is always looking for more children. we had a family move in last yr with 4 kids and the teacher was saying oh good it will be to have another 4 children in the school.

please be aware im all for the extension (even on my side of the achool) i dont mind. weekend noise is my ONLY issue.

That's why I suggested that the observation include a statemmant that the OP fully supports the extension the schoold. There IS no conflict of interest involved: both parties want the extension, one doesn't want noise at the week-end. Anyone reasonable would happily agree to this condition.

Planning permissions invariably have one or more conditions attached: adding a new one (which may well be added by the council anyway, even without the observation) will have no effect on whether it is granted or not.

Back