School asking children to bring their own toilet paper!

Wouldn't you think she would confirm this before making the statements. What else could we say we know anecdotally.
Since when has any of the discussions around State funding for education ever been based on facts and rationality?
If schools are asking parents to supply toilet rolls then the people running those schools (Principle and management) should be sacked for gross incompetence.

My daughter has to bring her own hand soap to school. I only just found out. No idea if it is related to cost or for hygienic reasons.

My daughter has to bring her own hand soap to school. I only just found out. No idea if it is related to cost or for hygienic reasons.

Makes no sense, unless a child has skin issues, would liquid soap dispensers like you see in offices, public toilets etc not meet any hygiene concerns?

Makes no sense, unless a child has skin issues, would liquid soap dispensers like you see in offices, public toilets etc not meet any hygiene concerns?

No idea to be honest. I would have thought so. She has only started school so it came as a bit of a surprise and haven't had a chance to look into it further. All the kids bring in little travel dispensers with soap. Have to presume it is financial thing but it's not exactly a poor school.

No idea to be honest. I would have thought so. She has only started school so it came as a bit of a surprise and haven't had a chance to look into it further. All the kids bring in little travel dispensers with soap. Have to presume it is financial thing but it's not exactly a poor school.
Sounds like BS to soften up parents to pay the supposedly voluntary contribution.
If our education budget is that stretched we need to stop all spending increases, including pay rises and increments, and redirect some of the capital budget until we can resource children to wipe their arses and wash their hands.

Sensationalist media combined with a politician. HmmmmHmm . .

Funny how the school is not named

Methinks ms o Loughlin is seeking publicity.

You know what - I've no problem with students of all ages being asked to bring toilet paper (and other similar objects) to school. We pay for our childrens' photocopying, their workbooks, extra curricular subjects, homework club, etc. Why shouldn't we supply toilet paper? And it's no great weight to carry.

You know what - I've no problem with students of all ages being asked to bring toilet paper (and other similar objects) to school. We pay for our childrens' photocopying, their workbooks, extra curricular subjects, homework club, etc. Why shouldn't we supply toilet paper? And it's no great weight to carry.

Why pay for toilet paper for patients in the public health system. They are already getting their bed and healthcare paid for? Why should your employer pat for your toilet paper? You get a wage to do a job. Wiping your This post will be deleted if not edited to remove bad language is not part of your job so you should carry it around. Maybe every establishment should start itemizing cost of toilet paper and soap on bills unless you bring your own. And we don’t pay for their photocopying, workbooks, extra curricular subjects or homework club. There are charges for all those things.

Sensationalist media combined with a politician. HmmmmHmm . .

Funny how the school is not named

Methinks ms o Loughlin is seeking publicity.

I have already mentioned soap in my daughters school. The toilet paper is not a new story. Google it. Plenty of named schools over the years doing it since the grants for running schools were cut.

Where I work we would ensure that we could provide soap and toilet rolls before we gave anyone a pay increase.

I wonder is there an issue with theft. I remember working in a small company where the cleaning contractor would deliver supplies of toilet rolls and soap etc. There was only 8 employees in the office and we'd get through it very quickly.

Then the owner spotted one the cleaners bringing home the soap and loo rolls. Turned out she had her own contracts on the side. This job was just handy for the supplies.

I wonder is there an issue with theft. I remember working in a small company where the cleaning contractor would deliver supplies of toilet rolls and soap etc. There was only 8 employees in the office and we'd get through it very quickly.

Then the owner spotted one the cleaners bringing home the soap and loo rolls. Turned out she had her own contracts on the side. This job was just handy for the supplies.
When my Ex worked in a large Dublin Hospital the cleaners actually typed up and distributed price lists to other members of staff for the cleaning products they stole and sold.

You can get liquid soap dispensers, and "double" toilet roll holders that are opened with a key.
If supplies are going missing it won't be general staff or students it will be cleaners and facilities staff.

I was thinking of the cleaning staff / caretakers rather than teachers or students. There was a case not too long ago of the caretaker taking the free fruit from the school.

Back