Scam purporting to be from eFlow?

Brendan Burgess

Founder
Received this text from something called "Notify"

eFlow: Due to a system failure, the payment failed. You have outstanding bills. Please confirm the toll before the due date. detail: (link removed)

As it happens my debit card is expiring shortly, so I could have been caught by it.

Brendan

Log into your account without clicking on the link sent and check if you have any outstanding tolls.

I got this text message, from an 085 number, recently:

eFlow: You have an outstanding amount due from a journey made in 2022. please pay now to avoid incurring any penalty charges. toll-paymentservice..... com

(I added a few dots, to prevent the link from opening, btw)

I got it too. Logged into my eflow account from my laptop this morning and saw I was in credit. Deleted the text message. It was something that is very believable and I can imagine a lot of people being scammed.

They've another one going around

eFlow: Due to recent updates to our system you need to update your account information to continue using Eflow tag. https://(link deleted)

Just got a text from "eFlow" to pay 6.40 or an additional fine of 97.50 will be sent to my home address as I have been recorded using the motorway without paying.
My car hasn't left the driveway in the past few days except to go to the local supermarket less than a kilometer away.
Scam I presume??

I got one yesterday saying I didnt complete their 2023 mandatory terms and conditions.
Came from an 087 number and the url started with e-flow-terms

I got one yesterday saying I didnt complete their 2023 mandatory terms and conditions.
Came from an 087 number and the url started with e-flow-terms
Never click on/visit URLs in such messages - unless in an incognito/sandboxed browser.

Back