Savings rate changes after ECB cut

Ulster Bank's eSavings is down from 4.4% to 3.9%. The eSavings Plus seems to be holding however.

The AIB Online Personal Savings Plan Account has been cut from 4% (up to max 6% with bonus interest) to 3.5% (up to max 5.25% with bonus interest).

The maximum rate on this account (i.e. every five years) has dropped from 6.75% to 5.25% in the last month.

Anglo Irish Bank

Easy Access
4.25% ==> 3.5%

7 Day Notice
4.25% ==> 3.5%

30 Day Notice
4.65% ==> 4%

Effective 01/12/2008

I assume the Easy Access account is a different product to the Anglo Irish Bank (Premium Demand Deposit) account which still seems to offer 5.5%?

yes the easy access and premium demand are different products.

The premium demand is still at 5.5% (for under 100k)
has not moved down with either of the two ecb reductions (so will prob have to move if there is another reduction tomorrow IMHO)

Christ if they cant even keep their shop window diisplays up to date it's no wonder they got us into this mess.:mad:

On a regular basis the NIB branch in Stillorgan have their brochure holders empty and I am talking about the ones on the counter sitting in front of the cashiers. I always wonder why they never notice, yet they can all find the porch of the XtraVision next door to have their early morning smoking breaks. They also have a flat screen T.V. on the wall behind the cashiers that was switched on for a few weeks after they were acquired by Danske Bank. It is never switched on anymore.

Not impressed! When did this change happen? Would be nice if they informed me.

First Active don't inform people about rate changes. It happened to me when I had an ECB rate linked deposit account. They changed the rate even though the ECB hadn't reduced the rate, just decided to drop the rate. When I complained I was told that they put an advert in the newspaper. I suggested that they should post out a bank statement to it's customers whenever there is a rate change showing the change.
About 4 weeks later I was posted my annual statement for a demand deposit account that I also had. They had included a leaflet showing the "old" deposit rates that they had prior to the rate drop. I rang them again saying they shouldn't be posting out interest rate leaflets that were incorrect and out of date. I got the usual standard apology thanking me for bringing this to their attention.
They just don't care.

So it seems Anglo are the only ones who haven't dropped any rates (incl the last 2 ECB drops)!!!

Still 5.5% for Demand and 8.00% for reg savers....

Is this due to them waiting for the new owners to decide??? :) or else they really badly need the deposits, must be cheaper to get the cash elsewhere though

Northern Rock and Halifax (Flexi Saver) haven't passed on any ECB rate cuts to savers yet either.

The AIB Online Personal Savings Plan Account has been cut from 4% (up to max 6% with bonus interest) to 3.5% (up to max 5.25% with bonus interest).

The maximum rate on this account (i.e. every five years) has dropped from 6.75% to 5.25% in the last month.

The base rate on the Online PSP Account has now gone down to 2.75%. The top rate possible is now 4.125% (i.e. plus 50% bonus interest after five years satisfying the terms and conditions).

The average rate over a five year period if the terms and conditions are satisifed is 3.575%.

Permanent TSB has dropped it rates.

[broken link removed]

1 year fixed term down to 4.4% from 5.3%

Back