Savings for a mortgage

Cool06

Hi
I was hoping someone could help on a question. I have a savings acc in the post office which i was now hoping to use for a deposit for a house, here's the rub - usually i give my mam money and she deposits it for me every week eg €100, however if i have something coming up (wedding family event etc) then i would take out a lump-sum of my bank acc (€400-€500) and give it to her but she kept depositing as €100 p/w -, she figured it'd look good in the long run, reading through the information on mortgages i need to PROVE my regular savings, my question is how do i do this if i was taking out lump-sum amounts from my acc and my mam was putting in weekly amounts into my savings?
is there anyway to use my savings for a mortgage now? or the fact that i cant prove that they are mine, has it been a waste all this time?

There should not be a problem with this. Banks are looking to lend at the moment so as long as you meet the lending criteria it should be fine.

Show the bank your post office savings account with €100 going in every week when applying for your mortgage.

Why, as an adult, are you relying on your mother to make deposits or other general financial transactions for you?

Depending on the sums involved, this may go against you. When going through the process with one institution recently they wanted to see debits matching up where savings were going between two banks.

Back