Savings account - simple questions

SidTheDweeb

Hello I have my current account with BOI.

I am hoping to set up a savings account but the BOI ones I have looked at seem restrictive enough in what I can put in.

What I mean is they want fixed monthly lodgements of the fixed amount, and it's a bit of hassle to change these.

What I want to do, is come a paycheck, be able to decide what amount I can afford to put in this month, and then go to banking365, (have the account set up as a contact) and transfer X amount to the account. I don't mind if the account requires a minimum being set up to transfer monthly, I just want to be able to change the significant amount lodged month to month.

Also the savings account should be easily accessible, no more than 1 month on demand.
It would also be handy if it was easy to transfer back to my BOI 365 current account.

I'm thinking rabodirect account for flexibility?

Don't restrict yourself to BOI. Have you read the Financial Best Buys forum and www.itsyourmoney.ie lists of the best deposit accounts/rates on offer? And the many existing threads on such matters? For example the Anglo Irish Bank 8% regular saver would offer the sort of flexibility that you seem to be looking for but might not be the only one.

Back