Sarto Estate / Sutton

pbyrne

Hi Everybody,

Does anyone live in or know anything about an estate called Sarto in Sutton. I am trying to find out the usual:
  • how far to the dart station - would it be bayside rather than sutton
  • how far would primary schools be from the house - any waiting lists or anything like that
  • any problems in the estate worth knowing about - cars broken into or gangs of roaming muppets (i doubt it - but no harm in checking)
We're going for a look out there but would appreciate any personal opinions of people living there.

Thanks for any advice.

Depending on whereabouts in Sarto you are looking, Bayside National School is at most 5 mins walk away. It's a good school. Not sure about waiting lists. Sutton DART station would be at least 20 mins walk. Bayside station is at most 10 mins walk away. Howth Junction Dart Station may be a bit closer depending on where exactly in the estate you are looking. Crime no higher than normal for a mature estate. Joy-riding or gangs of youths causing trouble wouldn't be normal. Know the area well and wouldn't have any hesitation living there myself.

Sarto is really in Bayside, which residents would claim is in Sutton (purists would say much of what passes for Sutton nowadays is actually Kilbarrack -- Sutton Park estate is beside Kilbarrack Cemetery!).

Thanks very much for the reply - one more question if you have time - there is another estate we are looking at out there called "Sutton Park". Do you know the story on it in terms of distance to dart etc.

Thanks again.

Bayside Dart station is roughly in the middle of the map at
http://maps.google.com/?ll=53.39157,-6.135349&spn=0.021318,0.042658

Sutton Park is directly opposite the Dart Station, though you could be up to a 5 min walk away depending on where you are in the estate. It is further away from Bayside National School which is where most of the residents would send their children. Sutton Park is seen as the "posh" end of Bayside and prices reflect this -- never really understood why. Perhaps because it's closer to the real Sutton.

hi, living in bayside since i was born! We have also used the address Sutton, Dublin 13. It is not really "sutton" but bayside. Sarto is quite an nice area of bayside. Bayside train station is nearer by a long shot. In bayside you can use both Howth Junction and Bayside Train Station depending on what end of bayside you live in. Howth junction offers more availability of trains coming malahide and drogheda. Howth Junction is about 15 min walk from sarto.

I went to bayside national schoo also. Great school with great teachers. Not to sure about waiting lists etc.

hope this helps

Hi pbyrne,, Have lived in Sarto Park for 21yrs and am sorry to leave it. We are moving to Lucan to be closer to our married daughter and family. Anyway, you are a short walk from dart ,church, schools ,pub is 5 minutes for me, small shopping centre also minutes away. Basically, smallish houses originally built ,known as bayside houses. Later larger well built roomy 4 bed houses built called Sarto Park . The builder probably felt it sounded more posh to advertise as Sarto Park Sutton. I have enjoyed walking along the coast . You would be 10 drive from howth where Deer Park hotel has great views for miles around. Plus for me is the pay as you play golf. Have to stop now as the thoughts of what I 'm leaving is breaking "me bleeding heart" kinda! Anyway , you wont regret it ,so good luck

casca said:
Hi pbyrne,, Have lived in Sarto Park for 21yrs and am sorry to leave it. We are moving to Lucan to be closer to our married daughter and family.

Hi Casca,

That's gas - we are moving from Lucan to Sutton to be closer to my parents house! Don't suppose you would like to swap houses by any chance :)

Thanks to everybody for the replies - it all sounds good.

Hi pbyrne, When I saw your query, the same thought about swapping occured to me but we are almost at the final stage , just ready to sign for Lucan ,near the foxhunter

Back