Sanding floorboards.

Gamblor72

Hi,

Can any recommend a carpenter, based in Dublin, to repair, sand and varnish floorboards?

Thanks,
Gamblor72

I used Joe Hayden who came recommended by woodworkers in Terenure. Contact details on their webpage as follows: [broken link removed]

He put down a floor for me and did an excellent job

Gamblor, did you someone to do your floors? I'm looking for someone to do mine, I've called Joe Hayden and he's going to come out and quote. I'd like to get a few more quotes if anyone has any other recommendations.

Ta.

Hi Stumpy,

I was able to get more quotes, I'm still laughing about one of them, it's a bad time to get quotes (due to SSIAs maturing) so be careful. We decided to go with Joe Hayden, his quote was reasonable (not the lowest) and he knows what he's talking about. Some of the floorboards need repairing and as Joe is a carpenter by trade he can look after everything for us. I hope to get him in to do the job within the next four weeks, so I'll let you know how the job goes, or if you get him before me please let me know the outcome.

I also got a quote from a painter & decorator, his quote was good but he would have to get a carpenter friend in to repair the floorboards (Stephen O'Connor 086 3726863), may be worth a call.

Good luck,
Gamblor.

Back