San Francisco & Las Vegas (MGM Signature Hotel)

Shasha

Myself and my family are travelling to San Fran Las Vegas and LA in Oct 08 for my brothers wedding in LA he lives there with GF. Taking in San Fran first for 3 nights to do sights etc and then flying to Las Vegas then on to LA. Can anyone recommend a hotel for us in San Fran there is 8 adults and 2 children aged 7 and 3. Some people's budgets are tight so reasonable enough hotel nothing rough.

Me & Hubby have been to Vegas before and were thinking this time to stay in the MGM Signature hotel can anyone recommend this hotel mixed reports on Trip advisor ie off strip and a good walk around the MGM Grand.

LA we also have been before and I didint think it was great but its were the bro lives in Long beach so looking for somewhere to stay for a group does anyone know of apartments we could book for 7 days?

Sorry to go on all comment's much appreciated?

I always think you're better off staying on the Strip...I stay in the Bellagio when I'm with the soon to be Mrs Rambo and in New York New York when I'm with my fellow soldiers.

You can get amazing deals in the on-strip hotels, never pay full-rate, off strip isn't worth it.

this is nice hotel in down town sf ( 4 star on union square ) http://www.thedonatellosf.com/ agree with previous poster. Stay on strip on LV. You always get cheap hotel ( even cheaper then what web site says) . best way is to find the hotel you want to stay on strip and they suscribe to their offers. You will get good offers by email.

Holiday Inn Express in SF is good for short stay, very central and right on Fishermans Wharf. Agree with other posters, stay on Strip in Vegas. Have a great trip!

The Orchard Garden in SF is fab. Stayed there last year and would highly recommend. A buffet breakfast was included in the room rate. Its right at the entrance to Chinatown.

I would also recommend staying on the Strip in Vegas. If you are going there midweek the rates are pretty good. Have stayed in the Mirage and Caesars and would recommend both.

We got really good rates on Orbitz for all hotels.

IMO the Signature is more trouble than it's worth. We had a booking there but cancelled it when we found a comparable rate for the Venetian. It's just too far off the strip and to get there you have to go through the biggest hotel on the strip, wasting way too much time.

Usually you can get great prices for Vegas hotels on www.hotwire.com

we stayed in the Mark Twain hotel near union square, very nice and reasonable. We had adjoining rooms with our 2 young teenagers so worked out perfectly.

I would also recommend the Holiday Inn Express in SF (there is also another Holiday Inn close by) its very well located and reasonable price. You can also get great deals on the strip in Vegas especially midweek, have stayed in Excalibur (€45 per night per room, midweek) and The Luxor (€110 per night).

Last edited:
Back