San Francisco Hotel

Rose Violet

Hi

Have just booked flights to SFO on 12Sep for 4 nights and as this as a first-timer was wondering if anyone has any suggsetions for a nice hotel around Union Square?

Thanks

I have stayed in the The Clift Hotel just a block from Union Square and next to the 2 main theatres. Pricey but top class.

I've stayed in the Holiday Inn, Civic Center - the area is a bit rough and ready but the hotel was cheap and central. :)

cannot recommend the chancellor inn enough. it is right on union square and is really clean and quite nice. sears diner next door has got the nicest breakfasts ever but get there before 8.30 to avoid the massive queues.

The westin on union square is where i'd stay if money no bother but chancellor right beside it and half the price. we got a back room where the view was crap but was very very quiet. but front rooms meant to be nice.

check it out on trip advisor

We stayed at the Donatello Hotel in Union Square, it has the biggest rooms in S.F. We paid $119 for a double in June last year. Very clean and great location.

I second that about the Chancellor Hotel Union Square, you cannot find a better location for the price. Rooms are small but perfect for a city hotel.

I stayed in the Chancellor hotel also this time last year. Great location. Ask for one of their newly refurbished rooms. Some rooms nicer than others.

I'm writing from San Mateo as we speak, staying in Hilton Garden Inn, its okay there is a shopping centre just outside the hotel, if u can drive, then its very handy. Climate is brilliant

I'm just back from there but stayed down at the Wharf. Having looked up tripadvisor, I did fancy the Rex but my travel agent recommended staying in the Wharf instead. I would have much preferred to have stayed around Union Square. The King George was recommended to me in Macy's. The Chancellor Hotel as recommended by others gets great reviews on tripadvisor. As for how to book, I looked up all websites and found that the travel agent came in with a better rate on all hotels.

Back