Samsung LE40R81 ?

Salem

Hi guys,
Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal or have a quick look over the spec ...

Stand included ... I'll be using NTL digital (movies, sports & coronation st. for herself ... )
Have a decent DVD collection aswell ... Our living room is quite big but 40" is as big as
I'm allowed go ...

Thanks in advance ...

I haven't seen post Xmas high street prices but before Xmas I would imagine that TV would have cost over €1k

Hi, I bought one before xmas same model, with brackets and dvd recorder for 1150. It is a very good set and that was normally about 1450 all in. Sorry but your link didnt work, How much are they asking?

We have a fairly similar spec Samsung to the tv you are looking at except its a 37" model. The tv has absolutely fantastic picture quality in comparison to other friends large lcd tvs. It has a good contrast ratio of 8000:1 and a good brightness off 550. It has the fairly standard 8ms response time, i havent noticed any 'ghosting' effects when watching sports on my Samsung and since yours is of a similar spec i can't see this happening to your tv either. Would recommend this tv.

My recent with Samsung TVs isn't so positive. I bought a 37" LCD before Christmas and while it's perfect for playing DVDs, it doesn't transmit the TV analogue cable signal as well as the Phillips that preceded it.

My neighbour has the above model and is not at all impressed. Picture quality on both SD and HD inputs is far less superior than the Toshiba 37XCOCO he also possesses. We have tried tweaking settings but it has'nt made much of a difference. I would'nt buy one.

Back