Sale agreed with large lump sum - where to hold the money

tim67at

Registered User
Messages
11
I’m sale agreed and have a deposit of around 350k. Right now, this money is sitting in a BOI current account earning 0.

The reason I done this was that I was sale agreed 2 months back and were expecting it to be a very quick sale. Unfortunately, that’s not the case so it’ll probably be a few months at least before I send the money over to the solicitor.

It feels stupid letting this amount earn 0, I’ll never have this type of money sitting around any time soon.

Right now, I’ve 100k in revolut pockets earning a lot of avios points which means I don’t have to worry about DIRT etc.

Where else can I quickly earn some money? Any recommendations? I’m thinking about putting another 100k in a Revolut savings account earning about 2%, but not sure.
 
Right now, I’ve 100k in revolut pockets earning a lot of avios points which means I don’t have to worry about DIRT etc.
I wouldn't keep more than 50 quid in Revolut. Too many scammy stories and Revolut customer care leaves a lot to be desired.
 
How about 4 (or more) from:

 
How about 4 (or more) from
In case it's of any use, it may not be necessary from a DGS point of view to split the sum.

Temporary High Balances​

The maximum amount of compensation payable by the DGS is €100,000 per person per credit institution. In addition certain deposits, known as temporary high balances may qualify for compensation in excess of €100,000. For a deposit to qualify as a temporary high balance it must stem from at least one of the following:
  • deposits relating to real estate transactions for private residential property i.e. deposits lodged in preparation for purchase, sale proceeds and proceeds of equity release
  • deposits that serve social purposes laid down in national law and are linked to particular life events of a depositor such as marriage, civil partnership, divorce, retirement, dismissal, redundancy invalidity or death
  • deposits that serve purposes laid down in national law and are based on the payment of insurance benefits or compensation for criminal injuries or wrongful conviction
Qualifying deposits are protected up to a limit of €1 million (although unlimited cover is provided for claims relating to personal injury) for a period of 6 months after the deposits have been credited to an account or from the moment when such deposits become legally transferable.
 
Back
Top