Sale Agreed - Closing

Status
Not open for further replies.
LM26

Still getting used to not having a landlord!! Furniture starting to arrive, still wierd that fact that I have my own house.

We too are buyers, sale agreed 6 weeks ago, waiting for the vendor's solicitor to provide docs to our solicitor (certs of compliance etc...). And the EA has the nerve to ring us and ask us why we haven't signed the contracts already. The EA has not given us the BER cert yet despite being asked for it numerous times. I despair, I really do. Only that I really want this house, I would be walking away......

kerdub, thats hard to believe. This is important information you are looking for and imperative to have before signing contracts. We organised these asap for our buyers i.e. a cert of compliance and a BER cert as its a buyers market and we appreciated that we were lucky to get a reasonable offer in this climate.

On another point, we had waited 6 weeks to get contracts back signed from buyers after they had received all necessary docs and their solicitor rang the Monday after the Friday they arrived asking our solicitor had we signed them! Some so called 'professional ppl' are very unrealistic and out of touch it seems.

Best of luck with the rest of your transaction.

12 weeks and 1 day after initial deposit paid and we have received the 10% deposit!! Signed contracts can now be sent to buyers solicitor today and we are closing this Friday. Good luck to everyone on their transactions!

We are now going house hunting in earnest, wonder how that will go ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back