Sale agreed but Auctioneer has put house back on the market

Elana10

We are 2 months into being sale agreed on both the house we are selling and one we intend to buy. The contracts for our house were sent out nearly two weeks ago. Our solicitor received and answered from 16 pages pre contract queries from our buyers solicitor. We haven't heard anything since and are waiting for them to sign the contracts before we sign the contracts for the house we are buying. The Auctioneer involved in selling the house we are buying has seemed very impatient they have only just sent our solicitor final compliance certs., but yesterday the Auctioneer said that she would put the house back up from 'sale agreed' to 'for sale' if she didn't get assurance from our solicitor that we will be signing the contracts as soon as our buyers sign theirs. Now I have just seen that the house we are sale agreed on is back on 'for sale'.. The Auctioneer knew from the start that we would have to sell our house first and so far everything has gone smoothly .. The buyers of our house are cash buyers. And we have mortgage approval and everything in order...

Is there anything we can do to resolve this situation?

We are 2 months into being sale agreed on both the house we are selling and one we intend to buy. The contracts for our house were sent out nearly two weeks ago.

You went sale agreed on your own house 2 months ago, but it took your solicitor 6 weeks to send out the contracts?

How long did it take the solicitor for the house you are buying to send out the contracts?

Brendan

Brendan... It took them about 2 weeks to send the contracts to our solicitor, they had been sale agreed twice before so I assumed that they would have contracts quicker than us in that it took us about 5 weeks to have all documents etc in order to sell our house.
Should we be putting pressure on the buyers of our house to sign or is 6 weeks to send contracts to them considered too long etc? Our house went sale agreed after 3 weeks .. I have no idea what the normal protocols are so am a bit stressed about the situation and what we should/should not do. The Auctioneer of the house we are buying didn't tell us that they were putting the house back up for sale and they have our booking deposit... Thanks

The auctioneer asked you to agree to sign the contract as soon as you receive the contract from the party buying your house. Why did you not just agree to this ? Why not ring up and do it now. It generally means nothing unless it's put in writing and will take a few days anyway.

Elcalto... I have agreed to sign the contracts as soon as our buyers have signed theirs! They have this in writing from our solicitor.

Elana

You knew that you wanted a quick sale of the house?

Your solicitor had three weeks from when you put the house on the market and 6 further weeks to prepare the contracts.

"it took us about 5 weeks to have all documents etc in order to sell our house."

Why? Even so, why did it take 9 weeks to issue the contracts?

The other side probably wants to buy a house and are being held up by your solicitor.

I think that the others are quite right to put the house back up for sale. And they would be well within their rights to accept a higher bid if they get it.

Brendan

Brendan
Fair enough your reply puts it into perspective for me. I dont know why it took so long for documents/contracts to be issued it was a few weeks between going sale agreed and contact from our solicitor. I thought this was the norm.

Hopefully we can resolve the situation.

Thanks for response

The vendors of the house you are hoping to buy are entitled to put it back on the market if they feel you are taking too long, just as you will have opportunity to do the same. Maybe the vendors of the house you are looking to buy are at risk of losing out on another house due to the delay.

You have no come back if you didn’t sign a contract I’m afraid. If you sign I’m sure they will proceed but i see where you are coming from with your own contracts

I would not sign to purchase until you are sure you are sold yourself. So far you're not sold nor even close. I'd want the full deposit before I'd consider signing a purchase contract. Unless there a a clause in it saying its subject to your sale.

And unless I'm very much mistaken I see Celtic tiger 2 rising.

BB the delay might be caused by the solicitor needing to get the deeds from the bank.

Back