Safety mirror to exit driveway

Cowpat

Registered User
Messages
69
In order to exit a driveway safely, I'm looking for a mirror to attach to a pole that is across from the exit on the main road. I can find blindspot convex mirrors to buy online which are about a foot in diameter but I'm not sure if this is sufficient to allow views in both directions.

Retail recommendations would be great but probably not allowed here. I would appreciate suggestions from others who can help.

I've searched on AAM for previous quires without luck. The links to recommended sites were cut. TIA
 
Last edited:
I'm planning on putting the mirror on a light pole that's just across the road from the entrance.
 
I can find blindspot convex mirrors to buy online which are about a foot in diameter but I'm not sure if this is sufficient to allow views in both directions.
Amazon.ie have a few safety mirrors for driveways that are 2 foot in diameter (60cm).
 
There is a rectangular mirror at one point in my commute.
I think it might be shinny metal as opposed to glass.

I think it was erected by the council as it is opposite a side road with poor visibility as opposed to a private entrance. An "L" road joining an "R" road.

It might not be concave or convex, I am not sure.

Also headlights coming in either direction don't seem overly dazzling.
But definitely visible.

Maybe it is a special mirror type.
 
Last edited:
I did this for my parents some time ago and we had to install two mirrors on the pole, at about 150 degrees from each other. Ownership of the land the pole is on was not an issue for them.
 
Back
Top