SAAB 93 - Any Views?

lettermac

Hi,

Was considering splashing out and getting a 2004 Saab 93. It's an ex-demo model with just over 6000 miles on teh clock. It's the basic Linear 1.8i model.

Has anyone got any advice/experience of Saab's or this model in paricular?

Many thanks,

Lettermac

Lettermac,

Make sure u try sitting in the back seat, with drivers seat back fully. If you or any of ur family are tall, the leg room in the back is very bad

Jack

The new Saab is an entirely different car to the old one. Not based on the Vauxhall anymore as far as I know.

A great car and great looking in my opinion.

[broken link removed]

Gets favourable reviews anywhere I've seen it.

I should add that if I was buying one of these I'd go for a 2.2TDI as opposed to the 1.8.

How much are they asking for the 1.8?

I am on my second Saab and like it very much. Never had a bit of trouble.

Couple of things to remember: once you buy a Saab, the only dealer who will give you a good trade-in value is a Saab dealer. Other dealers don't want to know.
Secondly, there are not as many Saab dealers as say Ford or Toyota for example, only three in greater Dublin area, so your choice is limited. Thirdly, Saab has been losing money for several years and its parent company, General Motors, has to make some hard decisions over the next few years to bring it back to profitability. Those decisions may even include closing it down altogether, although that is unlikely.

I considered buying a second hand Saab two years ago.

I rang my mechanic and asked him what he thought. He said that they were great cars but when they broke down they cost an arm and a leg to repair as they are very hard to work on and are very time consuming.

Another thing that made me uneasy was that the garage was only initially offered a 3 month guarentte (sp) which they agreed to extend to 6 months but they would not give a 12 month one, which is what I wanted.

Murt

Back