Ryanair's sales are not great are they?

IsleOfMan

It would appear that if you want to travel up to March 31st.with Ryanair you can get lower prices on some routes. Any idea why they don't offer a sale for months other than February and March? Come April and May they will be giving the seats away for little or nothing. Maybe they could sell a few more seats now if they extended their sale in to the summer months. Aer Lingus did it recently.

I don't pretend to understand it, but Ryanair's pricing policy is certainly based on a sophisticated formula and (obviously) designed to maximise their revenue.

Maybe they could sell a few more seats now if they extended the sale offers. Clearly they don't feel that this would maximise their revenue - and they seem to be fairly good at their job.

One might as well complain about the weather.

Ryanair's sales are a load of bull really but they're not alone. Aer Fungus are not much better. I recently booked a flight to the US during their much advertised winter sale. I checked the same flight a week after the sale ended and it was over €100 cheaper. :mad::confused:

I think ryanair sales are great, fly back and forth to the Uk for less than €10, somtimes even free. (dont check in any luggage and get yourself an electron card).

I heard that a way to avoid the huge Credit Card Charges (particularly if you're booking for a group), is to buy a gift voucher online. There is no extra charge for this and the code gets e-mailed immediately.

Then when you are paying, enter the voucher number and there will be no additional service charge.

I haven't used this yet myself so I'm not 100% sure it works but it sounds like it should.

knealecat, this is just the information i needed. i have looked on their website and if you open the most basis current account with no cheque book and no overdraft facility etc then you get an electron card with it.
As I live in London, i am going to open one of these accounts later this week purely for using to book ryanair flights !

I think Ryanair's current sale is great, you can fly for 1 Euro no taxes fees or charges except the credit card, and now we've a way round that too. (thanks QED) What's not to like?

My electron card is from the UK co-op bank, you cant get then in ireland

Thought that might be the case! :mad:

It drives me mad when I hear Michael O' Leary on the radio giving out about the government's new charge on flights to and from the country and stating that they should be a % rather than a fixed fee. It's a pity he doesn't apply the same logic to credit card charges.

The voucher trick might work - will have to look into it next time I'm booking flights.

This voucher payment for flights is tricky.

Ok so one can buy a voucher and use it for your flight.

Suppose let's say the flights come to €89.99.

You purchase Vouchers in minimum units of €25.

So you have to buy 4 vouchers cost €100

You pay for the flight and you forfeit € 10.01 as balance vouchers are useless.

It drives me mad when I hear Michael O' Leary on the radio giving out about the government's new charge on flights to and from the country and stating that they should be a % rather than a fixed fee. It's a pity he doesn't apply the same logic to credit card charges.

Would it make you madder if Ryanair didnt exist and the Irish travelling public would have to pay hundreds of euro to fly to the UK with Aer Lingus?

Would it make you madder if Ryanair didnt exist and the Irish travelling public would have to pay hundreds of euro to fly to the UK with Aer Lingus?

a tiny exaggeration he? :p

OK - so I should just be grateful for the existance of the company and pay up and shut up. That makes sense.

Well at least they have included April in their current sale. It would be nice if they released a few seats in later months at sale prices as well. It would get more people visiting their site as they search for bargains.

with Ryanair its best to book at least 2 months in advance. i am looking at booking flights in April at the moment. the sale they are running at the momnet is the best one as you dont have to pay the taxes.

a bit ott: which of this 3 London airports is the nearest to London city centre - Luton, Gatwick or Stanstead?

span.jajahWrapper { font-size:1em; color:#B11196; text-decoration:underline; } a.jajahLink { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } span.jajahInLink:hover { background-color:#B11196; }

a tiny exaggeration he? :p

No it's not an exaggeration at all.

I remember being quoted £310 to fly return to the UK in the late 70's. This was booking in advance etc. At that time Aerlingus and BA (I think) had a monopoly of flying from Dublin to the UK. £300 was 4 - 5 weeks wages back then.

You were served a meal on the flight which lasted about 3/4 of an hour. It was reported at the time that flying from Dublin to London was the dearest price per air mile anywhere in the world.

When challenged, Aerlingus &BA were constantly telling us that it just couldn't possibly be done any cheaper. They had fares cut to the bone. Aerlingus also owned hotels in Spain which turned into another fiasco.

As soon as Ryanair opened up on the Dublin Stansted route, Aer lingus immediately put planes on that route and started to undercut them, with the intention of putting the little upstart fledgling airline out of business.

Ryanair sought, and were granted, a meeting with the late Sheamus Brennan TD, the then Minister for Transport. They complained to him that they were being bullied off the route by predatory pricing etc.and that they could not compete with Aerlingus for long as they would go bankrupt. They asked Brennan to order Aerlingus off that route for a specific period, 3 years (I think), which he did.

By the time the 3 years were up Ryanair was an established airline. In addition to flying from Ireland to the UK, it had also established itself in the UK as a (the) low fares airline.

Murt

Back