Ryanair. Online check in with checked bag

godthe

My daughter has booked a flight with Ryanair for my wife and I.
She has paid for 1 checked bag and online check in.
I was of the opinion that you could not check in online if you are checking in a bag.
Am i incorrect or has ryanair recently changed their conditions

lynchie, where does it explain the answer in that page, could you point it out please?

Godthe, I heard this too a couple of months ago, and mentioned it on this site too. Unfortunatly, I havent been able to find a single piece of evidence to back this up!

So, although I heard it and I think it was in the paper, nowhere on the site is it mentioned as far as I know!

Actually it does seem to say as per "phase one" which is great news - we took a 2 leg journey (so 4 legs over & back) and our 1 full bag cost us a fortune.

Ryanair will phase in the introduction of its 100% web check-in as follows:

· Phase 1: From 19th March 2009, Ryanair’s web check-in service will be extended to (a) non EU/EEA citizens, (b) passengers travelling with checked baggage and (c) reduced mobility customers.

Customers choosing web check-in and travelling with only carry-on bags will continue to enjoy this service free of charge. A web check-in fee of £5/€5 per person/per flight will apply to passengers travelling with checked baggage, while customers who wish to use airport check-in will be charged an airport check-in fee of £10/€10 per person/per flight at the time of booking.

· Phase 2: From 1st May 2009 all new bookings will be required to use web check-in, and the use of traditional airport check-in desks will be phased out over the summer months. The web check-in fee of £5/€5 per person, per flight will apply to all new bookings (except promotional fares) from 1st May 2009. In order to dissuade passengers from using airport check-in desks, the fee for airport check-in will double to £20/€20 per person/per flight at the time of booking.

· Phase 3: From 1st October 2009 airport check-in desks will no longer be available at any Ryanair airport. All passengers will be required to web check-in and those who have checked in bags will use the airport “bag drop” desks, if required. From this date, children under the age of 16 will no longer be able to travel unaccompanied and passports and national ID cards will be the only accepted forms of photo ID on Ryanair flights

correct you cannot checkin on line and have luggage for check in.

No, see phase 1 of the earlier post, you can use web check-in with luggage since March 19th. For bookings from May 1st, you have to use web check in whether you've got luggage or not.

very strange that.i booked tks to valencia in march for dept in july.wouldnt let me do online check in with luggage.

We used on-line check-in last weekend and we had one bag to go into the hold. We printed our boarding cards before getting to the airport, then handed in our bag and showed the passports at the check-in desk. It's all much the same as before, except that you print your own boarding cards. About a week before your flight, you should receive a mail from Ruinair containing a link where you can check-in online and print your cards.

I booked flights last week to La Rochelle for June and decided to do on-line check in and checked bags (2) as it states "From 19th March 2009, Ryanair’s web check-in service will be extended to (a) non EU/EEA citizens, (b) passengers travelling with checked baggage and (c) reduced mobility customers"
So you can check in on-line and have checked bags according to the above.

Back