Ryanair Online chat not working.

Laramie

To compound the recent Ryanair fiasco I see that they are advising people to contact them via their online chat....

"If you require rerouting options, departing / arriving from another airport served by Ryanair or changing an unaffected return flight, please contact one of our advisors using our Free Online Chat or calling one of our customer service "

Except their online Chat is not available.

When you find out how to contact them please let us know as this affects many people including me. Looking at a booked flight three weeks from now the equivalent of which was cancelled today. The maddening thing is that if it's cancelled in the future right now I have another option but that option will go and cost dearly nearer the time.

I'm also confused about one's rights. Sure they can refund you but that's not much use if you have to take another flight that costs a lot more. Especially when you've booked the flight very early (months ago) in order to get the lowest fares. And when exactly does compensation kick in.

Last edited:
Hi Bronte,

Don't know the answer to your questions (maybe try the Commission for Aviation site). Just to say I feel for you and all those impacted (which of course is not very many according to the initial comments from Ryanair). Is this a new low for them?

Last edited by a moderator:
They've committed to publishing the full list this evening - so keep an eye out and jump to book alternatives asap. I reckon my flight to Manchester Friday week is fairly likely to be cancelled.

Their website is not showing any information on the home page. It may be somewhere else.

They say that 2% of their flights will be cancelled. I presume that they will cancel the ones which are the least full.

So I would say that less than 2% of journeys will be affected.

They've committed to publishing the full list this evening

Does that mean that if you book a flight tomorrow that it will definitely go?

Brendan

Website not available due to scheduled maintenance. I guess that this is another schedule that they got wrong!

Sorry website is unavailable due to scheduled maintenance....

What does 2% of flights mean? 2% of the daily flights or 2% of all the flights for the year condensed in a 6 week period?

Back