Ryanair Gift Voucher

JG 2023

Hi
Please can you advise; my dad received a Ryanair gift card for Fathers Day in June. His first name “Paul” is different to his passport names “William Paul”. The gift card is in his first name.
I’ve telephoned customer service desk a number of times & each time the customer service person assured me that the change has been made. I’ve scanned his passport page + the gift card upon request to customer service but still no change. Each time I try to redeem the gift card when I enter the gift card number it won’t accept it - the name of the passenger & passport doesn’t match. I complained last week & was issued a reference number- I’ve received contact from 7 different people but still no resolution to the problem. Can I hope to get a satisfactory outcome or am I totally wasting my time? The gift card is not insubstantial, surely a refund or another gift card, or credit back to the purchaser isn’t too much to expect? In total frustration, this is not customer service as I know it. Thx

I had the exact problem recently booking flights to Alicante. The name on the voucher must match the name on the Ryanair booking. If the voucher is in the name of Jack Whatever and the booking is in the name of John Whatever it will not be processed.

For the record we get many gifts of Ryanair Vouchers. I've asked my extended family never to give me a Ryanair Voucher (or Shop Voucher other than Dunnes Stores) ever again. I am easy to please, I've informed them a gift of cash won't be refused or any offence taken.

Another drawback on using Ryanair Vouchers:- The person named on the vouchers must be one of the passengers on the Ryanair booking form. In other words if your wife/partner is travelling on a different flight the voucher will not apply to her/him.

If you have to give somebody you don't like a Christmas present, give a Ryanair Voucher.

Last edited:
I had the exact problem recently booking flights to Alicante. The name on the voucher must match the name on the Ryanair booking. If the voucher is in the name of Jack Whatever and the booking is in the name of John Whatever it will not be processed.

For the record we get many gifts of Ryanair Vouchers. I've asked my extended family never to give me a Ryanair Voucher (or Shop Voucher other than Dunnes Stores) ever again. I am easy to please, I've informed them a gift of cash won't be refused or any offence taken.

Another drawback on using Ryanair Vouchers:- The person named on the vouchers must be one of the passengers on the Ryanair booking form. In other words if your wife/partner is travelling on a different flight the voucher will not apply to her/him.

If you have to give somebody you don't like a Christmas present, give a Ryanair Voucher.
Lep. I couldn't agree more.

I’ve telephoned customer service desk a number of times & each time the customer service person assured me that the change has been made. I’ve scanned his passport page + the gift card upon request to customer service but still no change.
There should be some redress against the person who said that they were going to do something but didn't. You say that you have had contact with 7 different people.......this should also be stopped. One person should take ownership of your complaint. The other six are just hiding behind the first person you made contact with and doing nothing.

I've just booked most of my 2024 flights with Ryanair. I'm happy enough with the prices + add-ons, but if you have unexpired value on some Ryanair Vouchers I've found that Ryanair won't accept them towards payment for your new flights booked (even if the voucher is in date). I've lost a tenner in the vouchers already used, but it could easily have been much more. It's about time Ryanair and Michael O'Leary got their act together.

I've just booked most of my 2024 flights with Ryanair. I'm happy enough with the prices + add-ons, but if you have unexpired value on some Ryanair Vouchers I've found that Ryanair won't accept them towards payment for your new flights booked (even if the voucher is in date). I've lost a tenner in the vouchers already used, but it could easily have been much more. It's about time Ryanair and Michael O'Leary got their act together.
They have got their act together. They stole a tenner from you knowing nobody is going to sue over a tenner.

I doubt that even Ryanair makes much money out of Leper!
Wrong again, Brendan. Despite their deficiencies Ryanair has good customers like me and like Democracy has flaws, but Democracy even with flaws is the best of what’s around. I hope readers can get their mind around this.

I just got a brainwave - If you feel obliged to purchase a present for somebody you don't like, there's nothing like giving him/her a Ryanair voucher for some kind of schadenfreude. It'll cost a few bob, but it's worth it.

I doubt that even Ryanair makes much money out of Leper!
Ryanair make money from all of us, including Leper, in one way or another whether we know it or not. But I keep using them only because it suits me and of course their prices suit me , most of the time.

Back