Ryanair Gift Voucher - will they extend expiry

Just an update. The CCPC, after a bit of persuasion have agreed to investigate the way Ryanair are dealing with Gift Vouchers that were used to purchase flights, that were subsequently cancelled by Ryanair. Ryanair, in my case, only put a use by date of 4 months on new replacement gift vouchers. They appear to be putting one year on their Airline Vouchers (credit notes).
My point is that they should be issued with a 5 year expiry date on them.

Hi there, did you hear anything from CCPC as I do have the exact same case you had. I was offered a gift voucher of 150£ back in September 2019, I used it to buy a flight for March 2020 which was eventually cancelled but they never gave me back the voucher until end July 2020 and expected me to use it withon the 5 months in the middle of a pandemic. Now they say that my voucher is no longer valid. Absolutely disgraceful and unprofessional. Your help would be very much appreciated! Thank you very much

Last edited by a moderator:
RyanAir CEO on radio this morning. He was asked this question via text.
Said to follow the link on the latest email, follow instructions, and you’ll be refunded within seven days.

I purchased a flight using a Gift Card from Ryanair. Flight was cancelled and I was refunded with another Gift Card but with an expiry date of a few months. I sent several messages to Ryanair and they eventually extended the expiry date of the Gift Card to be used by September 2021.

This is a Gift Card, purchased from Ryanair, as distinct from an Airline Voucher for a cancelled flight.

I would suggest that Battou contacts CCPC himself. I did. They said they would look in to it but never got back to me.

When contacting CCPC, be very specific. Specify that this is a Gift Card and not an airline voucher for a cancelled flight, otherwise they will fob you off to the Regulator for Aviation. Gift Cards should have a 5 year expiry date. Ryanair seem to be picking any old expiry date. The fact that they refunded you with a Gift Card and only 5 months to use it during a pandemic is disgraceful and should not be allowed.

RyanAir CEO on radio this morning. He was asked this question via text.
Said to follow the link on the latest email, follow instructions, and you’ll be refunded within seven days.
No. That is for Airline Vouchers for cancelled flights. Not Gift Vouchers. They will not refund cash in respect of unused or unusable Gift Vouchers.

1. I've got presents of several Ryanair Gift Vouchers. I have just spent three hors trying to book a one way flight for myself and finally succeeded in using an amount less than the total value of the voucher. Am I entitled to use the difference in future Ryanair bookings?
2. Later Mrs Lep and I will be flying together and I reckon it will take at least two of my vouchers to pay for the flights (incl return). Does the Ryanair website allow passengers to use more than one gift voucher and possibly some credit card expense if necessary.
3. The three hours I spent on Ryanair today was mainly caused by the name of the voucher against the name on the booking. Would somebody tell Michael O'Leary that if he wishes to book a flight per a voucher with the name Mike O'Leary his company will not allow him to book.
4. I wish all gift vouchers were banned forthwith and there's nothing like a gift of cash instead. I think I'll try to get this included in the Prayers of the Faithfuly next Sunday - Lord Hear Us!

I wish all gift vouchers were banned forthwith and there's nothing like a gift of cash instead. I think I'll try to get this included in the Prayers of the Faithfuly next Sunday - Lord Hear Us!
We have sent out a message to all our adult children "No Gift Vouchers....Especially Ryanair Gift Vouchers"......At this stage the only gift voucher that I would be happy with is a Dunnes Stores gift voucher.

We have sent out a message to all our adult children "No Gift Vouchers....Especially Ryanair Gift Vouchers"......At this stage the only gift voucher that I would be happy with is a Dunnes Stores gift voucher.
I agree. I was just thinking exactly the same myself.

Dunnes Stores vouchers don't go out of date, are easy to use, staff very friendly and helpful and you can use in any of their stores.

1. I've got presents of several Ryanair Gift Vouchers. I have just spent three hors trying to book a one way flight for myself and finally succeeded in using an amount less than the total value of the voucher. Am I entitled to use the difference in future Ryanair bookings?
2. Later Mrs Lep and I will be flying together and I reckon it will take at least two of my vouchers to pay for the flights (incl return). Does the Ryanair website allow passengers to use more than one gift voucher and possibly some credit card expense if necessary.
3. The three hours I spent on Ryanair today was mainly caused by the name of the voucher against the name on the booking. Would somebody tell Michael O'Leary that if he wishes to book a flight per a voucher with the name Mike O'Leary his company will not allow him to book.
4. I wish all gift vouchers were banned forthwith and there's nothing like a gift of cash instead. I think I'll try to get this included in the Prayers of the Faithfuly next Sunday - Lord Hear Us!
The Lord has been listening to you for a long time Lep. As has everyone here and just in case he doesn't give you a blessing.....I will.
Is that good enough for you ;)

Back