Ryanair dispute with authorities in Girona Airport - have they pulled flights again ?

deli

Hi,
I've heard recently that Ryanair are again in dispute with authorities at Girona ariport and are planning to pull 80% of their flights, including their Dub to Girona route. Have just checked and there are no flights available from Nov. Anyone know anything about this ??

Last edited:
Yes you are right. I was in Catalonia a few weeks ago and met up with old travel agent contacts of mine. They claimed that once again Ryanair(FR) is doing the usual blackmail routine ,and ,again, it's a question of who blinks first.

I gather - and I'm only going on rumour - that it's a fight over the amount of subsidy that FR receive. The Catalans state that FR won't reach the passenger target necessary for the agreed subsidy,mainly because FR has slashed its Winter programme. FR are saying don't pay us -we'll go elsewhere.

So once again nobody will know until well into this Winter what the Summer programme will be between Dub and Girona, if any.

Last edited:
Thanks Oldnick, can't believe they up to this again, the Dub Gir route is a very busy one as it serves the south of France/ Perpignan area also. I've heard (again rumors!!) Dub is one of the routes they dropping completely.

Back