Ryanair chose not to fly-no longer volcanoes fault.

On the radio today Mick accepted that he was wrong (a first?) and that Ryanair will reimburse their customers' additional costs. Mind you, he hasn't said when he will pay or whether these refunds will attract "administration and processing charges" such as the ones he levies when refunding travel taxes and airport charges. He went on to say he intends getting the law changed so that the next time Governments ground his planes, they will pay. Sound man Mick, you're one of our own.

So in effect, he is saying that the next time some Govt or international body makes a decision on health and safety grounds, they will have to factor in the possibility that as a result of that decision, the Govt could be on the hook for millions? I can really see the European governments rushing to implementing those amendments

Between this and the issue in the high court and O'Leary having to issue a letter of apology for that he strikes me as starting to believe his own publicity a little too much.

I haven't heard any comments to indicate Ryanair is using their extra capacity to return passengers stuck abroad.

MoL himself said it on the news last night. The Ryanair website also says it:

Ryanair has scheduled a number of additional flights from Ireland to Continental Europe; and from the UK to Continental Europe to allow disrupted passengers to return home – these extra flights/seats are now available to disrupted passengers via Manage My Booking

Back