Ryanair - checking in for flights

its €2.50 for each segment. one in, one out. wouldn't be surprised to find that ryanair have a staff suggestion box on how to maximise revenue. A/L are definitely going to charge for luggage next year. Dermot Mannion was quoted as saying that luggage charges and hotel bookings are on the way as they 'go straight to the bottom line' So that 19.2% is rubbing off already.

I am travelling this weekend with Ryanair. I can pay for priority boarding online within 48 hours of my flight time. Is it true that in addition to the priority boarding fee I will also have to pay a credit card charge? Both myself and my wife have booked flights together. Is it possible to purchase priority boarding for her only with the idea that she gets on the plane and holds a seat for me? Is priority boarding popular or should I just take my chances with the pack?

I am travelling this weekend with Ryanair. I can pay for priority boarding online within 48 hours of my flight time. Is it true that in addition to the priority boarding fee I will also have to pay a credit card charge? Both myself and my wife have booked flights together. Is it possible to purchase priority boarding for her only with the idea that she gets on the plane and holds a seat for me? Is priority boarding popular or should I just take my chances with the pack?

Yes the priority boarding is extra to the credit charge fee when making a booking. (Baggafe costs more again).
Yes your wife will probably be able to hold the seat for you IF Ryanair bother to do the priority boarding.

On a trip 2 weeks ago - Ryanair did not bother to do the priority boarding on either the outward or return leg. Several people on the flight had paid extra for PB only to find themselves stuck in the scrum with everyone else.
Also at Airports where they use a Bus to cross the Tarmac, PB simply serves to get you on the Bus faster. You still wait for the bus to fill up before it goes to the plane.

Great post Soy. This is the sort of disorganised mess that I was afraid of. It would annoy me to pay priority boarding only to get priority boarding on the "bus".

I ( and mrs cu) am one of those who sit and wait for everyone else to scramble on board. easyjet call out your boarding pass number but even though I have been informed that Ryanair do this I have never experienced it. anyway no matter how late I got on the plane we always got two seats together. never window admittedly and usually towards the back of the plane. once across aisle but this was ok too.

Like other posters here I am going demented trying to make sense of the Ryanair information on baggage.

I am booked onto return flights for travel Stanstead to Dublin 1st and 2nd December. I couldn't figure out the baggage charges when I made my online booking, thinking "I'll pay at checkin". I am bringing a heavy wheeled suitcase containing Christmas presents for family on the outward flight, and will be empty (and light) on the return flight. How do you gauge what the weight is? I only possess a kitchen scales which goes up to 1 KG!!!

Ryanair give an option to pre-book baggage up to 4 hours before flight at the 3.50 fee up to 15 KG by telephone via a local Ryanair for which they charge 10p a minute!!! I don't think much of my chances of conveying this within 20 minutes and resent the time money and energy that will involve.

Any advice? What's the best way to do this?:confused:

Ryanair - online or airport checkin with kids?

Hi, would we have a better chance of sitting to-gether if I wait and check in at airport and ask the desk operator to seat us to-gether? Family with kids and don'nt want to be seperated if possible!!
Does online checkin throw out random seats? Or is there seat allocation on Ryanair?
Thanks for any info.

No seat allocation with Ryanair, you can pay for priority seating which will get you on the plane first and then you can choose to sit together.

Or you can stand at the front of the non-priority queue, so you get on just behind the people who have paid for priority, and you will get to sit together.

Re: Ryanair - online or airport checkin with kids?

Hi, would we have a better chance of sitting to-gether if I wait and check in at airport and ask the desk operator to seat us to-gether? Family with kids and don'nt want to be seperated if possible!!
Does online checkin throw out random seats? Or is there seat allocation on Ryanair?
Thanks for any info.

:D sorry, just had to laugh! Seems strange that anyone would now think that Ryanair would assign seating! Essentially it is a controlled scrum. Best to pay for priority boarding - it generally means a bit less hassle in this regard. It may be worth considering booking 1 adult + older child as a set and 1 adult + other children as a set and have the first set priority boarding so they can save seats for the rest. Also probably best to head for the back seats of the plane as they tend to fill from the front first.

Back