Ryanair - Change of flight time Faro Portugal

Nordkapp

Registered User
Messages
416
We booked a morning flight out of Dublin to Faro for April 2027, out at 9.35am and arrive 12.30pm.

Ryanair this evening send us a change of flight times, out at 20.35 and arrive 23.30!

I am a bit perplexed, as it appears there is flight before it with availability at 7.35 am, and flights after it at 11am, 16.45 and 17.45 that would all suit us better.

Why do I have to accept an unsuitable arrival time when transportation is not available and why do I have to cancel my flights when it’s clear they have availability on earlier flights?

Has anyone sorted this sort of issue out that can advise on a better option?

Thanks in advance
 
You can choose to accept the flight they suggest or opt to change for any RA flight +\- 3 days to same destination or get a refund.
I suspect they have cancelled the 9.35am flight and has been replaced by a 20.35 flight. They are probably hoping people will just accept the change in order to fill the plane etc
 
Yes, the email re change of time should have 3 options; the second option is to change within a 3 day timeframe ; exact wording below:
[td]
2. Change your flight for free​
[/td]​
[td]
• You can choose to change your flight to the next available flight on the same route or to a flight departing three days before or three days after your new departure time. There are no flight change fees and you do not have to pay any fare difference.

• Click here to change your flight if you wish to avail of the free change option.

• Please note that any changes exceeding the above periods will be subject to flight change fees and additional fare difference (if applicable).​
[/td]​
 
Cheers Argentina, that actually works. Two separate flights to do but got the 11am flight out.

How I wish I knew how to do this when Ryanair changed our upcoming flights to Seville a few weeks ago……to a day earlier but late arrival.

Had to book an extra night at the hotel and lost a night at the end.

Not a regular flyer, live and learn
 
Did their email not explain it? There might not have been a more suitable flight time to Seville.
They moved it from Saturday to Friday, never had this issue before, no Saturday flights so no choice. However there may have been an earlier flight …now I know what to check out next time , but knew there were a few daily flights to Faro but odd to chuck us on the flight of the day
 
Back
Top