Ryanair cash passport

Where are you getting laser from?

They have the option to put it through as a debit or cash. Laser does not enter the equation anywhere.

Anyways it seems they won't accept visa debit for funding. Their loss.

You must be right "Time" its just what ptsb said to me earlier, maybe they guy I spoke to was getting mixed up himself. It makes total sense for the choice to be either debit or cash, then cash passport obviously choose cash as they know banks may have a cash limit, so people will top up more often.

Does anyone know the fee to transfer money from a normal visa card to a ryanair cash passport card?

You will be hit for their cash advance fee and interest form the day of the transaction.

would the following be a solution to mauras problem and maybe others . say one wanted to load 700euro on to a ryanair passport , when its coming to the end of the paying date of her credit card to put the 700 in credit to the credit card and then the load the money to the passport . that way she will not incur any credit card interest charge she would only pay the 3 euro loading fee.

Would that date be just before the statement is issued or just before the date you have to pay?. Usually just pay bill when it arrives in the post so I can forget about it.

You will be hit for their cash advance fee and interest form the day of the transaction.
Is this a fact or are you assuming cos the guy in PTSB stated that it was a cash transaction ?

If the company process it as a cash advance this will happen. If they say it is a standard purchase it won't.

Only the crowd that issue the cash passport will tell you this.

maura i pay my cc bill by direct debit so its easier to predict when to lodge money to my cc in advance so i can easily transfer to a ryanair passport. it usually occours with me on or around the 15th to 17th of the month.

Interested to hear you can get the Ryanair cash passport in Ireland, any tips on how?
I've just tried on their website and you definitely have to be a Uk resident with valid address.

Does the Irish version of the Ryanair Cash Passport incur any Irish Taxes for owning the card as are imposed for other debit and credit cards by the Irish Revenue?

Also - It is very important that you log onto the correct site either www.ryanair.co.uk or www.ryanair.ie and DO NOT use the default http://www.ryanair.com/en.

This gets a little complicated so bear with me.. if you use favourites (or any other method) to select http://www.ryanair.com/en it will default to either www.ryanair.co.uk or www.ryanair.ie depending which of these you were logged in to when you created the favourite. This has no impact on how you use the ryanair site until you come to pay.

Make sure you type www.ryanair.co.uk if you have a UK based cash passport and type www.ryanair.ie if you have an Irish cash passport.

I know this because I was using a Sterling Prepaid MasterCard last year and for a few transactions I was being charged in Euros, and as a result charged an additional fee for "foreign currency transaction" for flights between Derry and Glasgow (thats right internal UK flights). I chased this with the card issuer and eventually realised why and made sure I logged into ryanair using www.ryanair.co.uk - be aware!!!!

TIME re your post no 32, i have been in touch via email with the people who issue the cash passports and i have asked them if it is a cash withdrawl, or purchase when one loads a cash passport. they told me that i must ask my credit card company. i have now done that (mastercard) i will let you know the answer as soon as i hear from them.

Just been onto to tesco visa and they consider loading money on to a cash passport as a purchase so that's good news. This was double checked with a manager.

ive just been on to aib for my mastercard enquiry and i have been told that it would be considered a cash transaction with a charge of 1'5% . i also asked if i loaded say 700 on to my mastercard c c , and transferred the 700 to a cash passport would there be a charge and she said no , provided i did no buy anything in between putting the money on and transferring the money out. in other words if i put the money on and the the wife was in the shops and say bought something for 100 i would be charged 1.5%of 100 until i clear the cc bill plus the 3 euro that ryanair charge.

maura tesco costs money to put money on the card and then ryanair costs money to transfer funds to the passport . i was talking to a relative of mine today and he has a visa debit card from ptsb, and he can withdraw 700 from the atms so i think he would be able to transfer that amount to a passport . i dont have an acct with ptsb but i would be interested in finding out the rules with their visa debit card . the person i was talking to today has his salary paid into an acct there so he would be in the black all the time

Moonman, I got more worried after reading your post so I triple checked with tesco visa and you are right they were adding daily interest onto amount loaded. I was about to put in a complaint but the girl said she would stop it because I told her I was advised incorrectly the other day. Why is nothing ever simple!!

Prepaid cards and Ryanair's Cash Passport

There was a very good piece on last Sunday 's Times by Niall Brady. I was not able to set up a link so here is the jist of what I read!

1. €2.50 per year Stamp Duty, or €5 if you use it at ATMs as well as for purchases.
2. The card costs €10.00 which Ryanair returns as a voucher to be redeemed against a future flight.
3. The minimum top-up is €175 and it costs €3 each time you load the card. Funds can be transferred from your current a/c or credit card caccount.
4. There is a monthly fee of €3 if the card isn't used for 6 months. (Am not sure if this €3 is payable for every month after the initial six months that there is no activity but I feel myself that it is €3 per month)
5. "If the fee exceeds the value on the card, there is a negative balance fee of €15."
Hope this helps! I have not made up my mind if I will get one yet. I really had a very good deal with my Neteller Card no charges at all!!

stronge i had a great deal with moneybookers but everything is gone except visa debit -- visa credit --- and mastercard credit cards. i have a problem trying to get a ryanair passport i have a ptsb visa debit card and try as i may it will not allow me to purchase one .. my acct has plenty in it my passport is valid until 2016 , i have been in touch with irish permanent and the have told me i can withdraw 700 in one day maximun and there is no limit to the number of visits i make per day to the atms as long as the daily total doesnt exceed 700 , they have also told me i can make a purchase of an item up to 1500 per day with a total maximum of 2500. i checked this out just in case i was looking to spend too much when i had my 1st refusal ,. it goes right through the procedure even saying we will send an emailand when i go to finish it says we cannot proceed with your request anyone have any experiance of the passport situation . its getting frustrating at this stage i have made 5 attempts without any success.

Ryanair do let you use laser but you have to pay the €6 each way card fee. I wanted to get the cash passport as I fly a lot but as I am British, even tho I've been resident here for 12 years I can't apply!

Back