Ryanair asking me to pay again for Priority Boarding plus cabin luggage.

Tintagel

I purchased flights with Ryanair last September. At the time I paid extra for two seats that included priority boarding plus carry on bags.

I received a confirmation email about this last September. It clearly says on their email to me that Priority boarding is included.

Since January, Ryanair have changed their policy on carry on luggage and priority boarding.

I contacted them today and they said that they are not honouring my purchase made last September regarding the priority boarding plus carry on bags. They are now asking me to pay extra for something that I already had.

Can this be correct?

If you have priority boarding that should include a handbag/man-bag and a small suitcase. Without priority boarding they may take the second bag off you at the gate and put it in the hold.

If you have priority boarding that should include a handbag/man-bag and a small suitcase. Without priority boarding they may take the second bag off you at the gate and put it in the hold.

I think the point the OP is making is that he purchased priority boarding before the new rules came in in January and it seems that Ryanair are not going to honour the original purchase. Contact them through their Facebook messenging system.

What is the procedure with a carry on bag (not paid for), do they take the bag off you at the aircraft door?

What is the procedure with a carry on bag (not paid for), do they take the bag off you at the aircraft door?
You are still allowed one bag without paying.
I have gone back to the old system of having a backpack (50x40 or whatever the larger permitted size is) and stuffing my handbag inside until I'm on the plane. I have flown several times this year and not had my backpack tagged to go in hold.
Also, most of the bags I see allowed on the plane are far bigger than the 20x20x35 (small even for a lady's handbag).

If you are taking two bags, a staff member will tag one with a yellow band. You carry it down to the aircraft, and hand it over to a handler with a trolley before getting to the aircraft steps.

Back