Ryan Hotels share certificate - worth anything?

Bedlam

Does anybody know... I have come across an old share certificate for the above... are they worth anything or what happened to them.

Any help appreciated

Bedlam

Looks like the Ryan Hotel Group was taken over by the Gresham Hotel Group a while back. See for example. Perhaps check with the Gresham Hotel Group's registrar to see if you are entitled to anything (e.g. money or shares in the new owner company)?

Clubman, thanks I tried the Gresham website but it does not have an "investor" section. I also looked at the Irish Stock Exchange but they are not listed under Gresham.

Anybody else got any suggestions / ideas

Thanks Again

Bedlam

Found it, they were taken oven by Precinct Investments in 2004.

Thanks

Bedlam

AFAIK Precinct took over Gresham in an offer and subsequently by compulsory purchase. Any monies due at €1.40 per share is held in trust by Gresham. You can apply for these to Precinct Investments Ltd, 51/52 Fitzwilliam Square, Dublin 2 quoting your account number.

The registrar for Gresham was Computershare Investor Services (Ireland) Ltd. I believe that they still hold the 'Dissenters Regsiter (all those shareholders who have not yet accepted the takeover offer and have not, therefore been paid out). Anyway if you haven't already done anything I would suggest you contact Computershare initially:

01 216 3100 (make sure you tell them that it is a taken over company as they may have difficulty locating)

Computershare Investor Services (Ireland) Ltd
Heron House
Corrig Road
Sandyford Industrial Estate
Dublin 18

PS: If I recall correctly, the old Ryan Hotels share certificates were still valid at the time of the takeover.

how come I got paid for my Eircom shares with a cheque in the post even though I hadnt accepted the offer ?

Back