Rutland Avenue Crumlin

Bezems

Thinking of buying a house close to the Dolphins Barn area. Any one any thoughts? I've read a few things online saying to avoid but all were posted a few years ago. What's it like these days?

I was brought up in Dolphin's Barn area and although there are some absolutely wonderful people in the area, children left and then returned to bring up their families, personally I wouldn't live there again. I went into the local chip shop and then next door to the newsagents recently having been to Mass for a family member and I was glad to get out of both places. i only mention it since you asked.

Thanks for the replies.

Had seen the previous thread but it was posted a good few years back, was wondering had things changed.

Have posted this in a couple of places and seems to have got more negative answers than positive!

Back to the drawing board, if anyone knows which parts of (affordable - as in, not Iveagh Gardens or St. Marys Drive) Crumlin are better please let me know.

Hi Bezems,
We are looking for a house and are taking our time to find what we want. We have met some excellent agents who are helping us find a place. I often get calls to look at places and if you want me to pass the details onto you I don't mind. Kimmage isn't far, somewhere like Hardeback Ave for example is a lovely little area, houses are small around a lovely green with nice neighbours.

The majority of replies about Rutland Avenue are about 20-30 years out of date to be honest. Having lived on Rutland Avenue for over 10 years I only have postive things to say about it:
Central location to live, 10 minutes cycle to Phoenix Park & 15 minutes cycle to town, 15 minutes walk to Portobello.
Large green park up the road.
Houses have large gardens so extensions easy to do if needed.
Safe quiet area with friendly neighbours - no issues of any kind in 10 years.
Five good primary schools in walking distance including St Clare' in Harolds Cross & Educate Together SCR.
2 minutes walk to the canal...nice to walk to town or earphones along.
If you're looking for a safe, quiet, convenient city centre location I'd really recommend Rutland Avenue & roads nearby.

Not to my knowledge & I've lived on Rutland Avenue for 10 years...mainly older residents who have been here for 40 years plus & young families.

As the question that needed answering is a few years old, I don't think that people talking down any district helps anyone.

Are you ?

If Mr. Chilton was an estate agent trying to flog you a property at said location, this might be a reasonable question to ask, but come on: someone tells you they live somewhere with no problems, why on earth would you question them?

Please ignore this post if it turns out that he is in fact an estate agent with a property to sell.... :D

Please ignore this post if it turns out that he is in fact an estate agent with a property to sell.... :D

A new user registering just to add to a thread that's been dormant for two years always raises suspicions. The coincidence of a house there just being listed for sale adds to that. The 'no issues of any kind in 10 years' that ignores a number of murders , car fire-bombings, etc. in that time frame seals the deal.

Back