Rust Removal.

H

horse

Hi Folks,
After enjoying a good Christmas, I took it upon myself to tidy the garage which normally looks like an area that should be twinned with Beirut!! After my initial inspection I noticed that a lot of my tools - spanners etc are coated with a layer of surface rust, much to my dismay. Can anyone advise me of a suitable Chemical Cleaner / Restorer or other solution to rectify the situation which I presume is a common problem.
Regards,
Horse.

Horse methinks that if your tools were used they would not become rusty. ;) Seems like you must have them stored in a damp place or perhaps where there is a lot of condensation. Store them in a dry place or in the house (your partners wardrobe would be an ideal place) this will prevent rusting. As regards cleaning use WD40 or T Cut and rub off with a clean soft cloth and then store in a dry place :)

You may find something useful [broken link removed] or

And of course once you've cleaned them up you could always invest in some Tupperware to keep everything dry and clean in future. I kid you not - it's quite popular for paintbrushes especially.

And of course if you wanted more information you could just PM me for a brochure :)

Back