Key Post Russ Whitney - Multi-Millionaire

Re: John T Reed

Unfortunately property markets like ours attract the like of this guy. "How to make a million in real estate" seminars are for losers (or maybe also for curious people with a little time on their hands).

Re: John T Reed

Here is the report from Michael Clifford from last Sunday's Tribune

There was no sign of Russ. The son of a gun just didn’t show. Throughout the previous week, eye catching ads in the dailies said Russ Whitney was on his way here, retailing dreams.

‘Millionaire Tells Dublin Residents How He Became Wealthy!’ the ad read and came with a picture of Russ, healthy looking guy with a clipped ronnie, self described, self made American millionaire. The ad went on to detail how Russ cleaned up through property development, and was going to show the plain people of Ireland that they too could be a Russ Whitney. Three salubrious city hotels were booked for ‘the most exciting property workshop in UK history’. And it was free. Hurry, limited seating.

On Tuesday in the Four Seasons Hotel, the show got on the road. A few burly fellas in dark suits and English accents ushered in over one hundred dream chasers. Inside, a video was already running on the mounted screen, delivering what in a more spiritual field would be called testimonies. These were from across the pond, where a few heads were explaining how they were already making tens of thousands on properties within months of attending Russ’s training. Best money they ever spent. Money? Who said anything about money?

Next thing the screen dies and in walks this guy, microphone attached around his neck, the way Madonna does it. He sounded American and wore a ronnie, but he didn’t look like no Russ Whitney.

Turns out his name is David Shamy and he’s from the Whitney Educational Centre. Russ, it would appear, is a far bigger cheese than the ad suggests. His company educates in three (four now) countries, across two continents, on how to be an ass kicking property dealer.

Dave has been speaking about this stuff for 24 years, at 8,700 seminars, in 580 cities, in nine countries, and he’s written 17 books to boot. He does look a bit worn out. Anyway, he isn’t long into his spiel when it emerges that the centre run ‘bootcamps’ to train ass kicking property dealers. And there is also a weekend seminar coming up in Dublin, costing €5,400 a skull. A lot of money, Dave knows, but look at it this way, you’ll recoup that on your first deal. Go out there, kick ass.

Early on, he tells us how the centre’s founder, oul Russ, started off. ‘He quit school and was working in a slaughterhouse for $5 an hour. He sent away for a get rich quick scheme. Financial independence is your dream,’ Dave tells us. ‘Russ did it in two years with seven properties.’ Having left the blood and guts behind, Russ made his first million by the age of twenty seven. These days, he’s in the multi bracket. Dave himself is doing nicely as well with his clutch of properties, he keeps reminding us.

He throws out a few teasers, just to show the kind of techniques that you could learn at the weekend gig, or a bootcamp. It’s all about creative thinking. One route to wealth is OPIUM other people’s inactive unused money. ‘I want to share the experience with you,’ Dave says.

You need five grand for a deposit on a buy-to-let (rental property), you got one. Here’s how you make up the difference. Open an account, deposit the one thousand, take a loan of another grand on the security of the one, and deposit in a different bank.

Do the same again and again and again. Pay back all the loans, secure a fine credit rating for doing so, and on the strength of that rating, borrow one off each of the five banks. Hey presto, we’re in business. Creative thinking. Easy as pie.

‘If you allow a single experience to shape your reality, when that experience is failure, what are you going to become?’ Dave asks.

‘A failure,’ some bright spark shouts up.

‘Right,’ says Dave. ‘You gotta keep on keepin’ on.’

The two hour spiel is littered with examples of those who came to the Russ Whitney talk and are now living, breathing millionaires. Some have names and addresses, some just first names. They are the proof, the light, the word. Dave keeps hammering it home. Believe.

And for any softies out there, throw off your guilt. Dave tells of one of his own properties, which he has made a packet on, and which is now being rented to a dentist. Dave is pulling in $400 a month in rent. ‘I’ll be providing for this dentist and his family. How could you not feel good about being a landlord?’

Finally, after a few have upped and left, Dave winds down. The bottom
line: ‘People sitting in this room will be millionaires in twelve months time. Is that exciting or what?’ So sign up now and get the weekend for half price. Get two places for one. Bring a wife, a husband, a partner, a dog, whatever, just sign. ‘You don’t want to wait to make money, do you?’

So it goes with Russ and his messenger in Ireland, Dave. They ain¹t selling dreams. They’re selling that which they refer to back home as attitude.

Re: >> Key Post - Russ Whitney - Multi-Millionaire

I got invited to one of the Whitney seminars (scams- which ever way you look at it) a few weeks ago in London. A knock down price of 200sterling for both of us for 3days-too good to be true!!! I know a little about property investment and it didnt show me too much more. It did show a few tricks as to how to improve and maintain your credit rating and get more credit, others may know this, I didnt. Most stuff said flippantly.

The best thing about the course was its motivation, presumably to sign you up to their 12 to 20 grand courses that they run. Their motivation tactics worked on me personally, the best 100quid I’ve spent making myself feel better. Chin-ching! ( for the benefit of Whitney students).

Personally I would recommend it if you don’t know a lot about property investment, or your feeling low about your slow growth of your portfolio. Just get it at a good price and don’t sign up to their other course with the new extended limit on your credit card that you have just won a book off them for getting.

The Sindo reviews the 'Inside Track' property investment free introductory seminars which have been heavily marketed in Ireland recently in this article.

Hi Guys,

I have attended some of Russ Whitney programs and am happy to say as someone who had only a little experience in investing before(2 buy to lets) I have now added a further 2 buy to lets to my portfolio with a few months of attending these courses.
I found the principles of financing deals ec very good and the courses have given me much more confidence in structuring and financing deals.The course are quite expensive but in terms of return they teach you how to make much more.
The key to these courses is making use of the information you learn and putting this into action.Nt everything will work for you but there are valuable lessons to e learned and applied.
I am currently putting some more deals together and finding tht Whitney network very helpful in areas such as no money down deals etc.I would like to add that I am currently disabled as a result of an accident and using their methods I have still managed to evaluate,purchase and finance deals more efficently and with more confidence and many people who started the course with me had much more experiece than me and were very successful already but wanted to further their portfolios.
Finally,it was the instructor at the course who recommended this forum as a very good one so I was quiet suprised and annoyed at the reaction on
this thread.

Best of luck to you all

Just a quick point which I forgot was that John Reed also reckoned that the guy who wrote the Rich Dad Poor Dad books was a conman.
John Reed also sales his own materials for a pretty price.

POD1 said:
Hi Guys,

I have attended some of Russ Whitney programs and am happy to say as someone who had only a little experience in investing before(2 buy to lets) I have now added a further 2 buy to lets to my portfolio with a few months of attending these courses.
I found the principles of financing deals ec very good and the courses have given me much more confidence in structuring and financing deals.The course are quite expensive but in terms of return they teach you how to make much more.
The key to these courses is making use of the information you learn and putting this into action.Nt everything will work for you but there are valuable lessons to e learned and applied.
I am currently putting some more deals together and finding tht Whitney network very helpful in areas such as no money down deals etc.I would like to add that I am currently disabled as a result of an accident and using their methods I have still managed to evaluate,purchase and finance deals more efficently and with more confidence and many people who started the course with me had much more experiece than me and were very successful already but wanted to further their portfolios.
Finally,it was the instructor at the course who recommended this forum as a very good one so I was quiet suprised and annoyed at the reaction on
this thread.

Best of luck to you all

Russ, is that you? I have $1 in my account can I open up ten thousand bank accounts and turn that into $10,000 for a deposit on a buy to let?

Very funny Dam,seriously though I do think you may be a little harsh on this guy.I am not saying he is bperfect and the course could be more Irish oreinted but still good info even if a bit on the pricey side.

I've very little time for anyone who is foolish enough to part with money on these "Get rich quick" training courses.

Perhaps these money making schemes should be restricted or regulated in some manner to protect the gob****es out there!

POD1 said:
Just a quick point which I forgot was that John Reed also reckoned that the guy who wrote the Rich Dad Poor Dad books was a conman.
Is there some criticism hidden in this comment, or is this a compliment for Mr Reed?

Hi Guys,

Just want to make a few points:

1)In any dealing I've had with the Whitney people I never heard anybody say that their program was a get rich quick scheme.I have put a lot of time and effort into studying their principles and putting them into action.I have found the results to be worth it but it has taken a large effort on my part to learn and apply principles.Like any form of investing you have to put in work to get results.I just found that these people thought me principles I was not familiar with before.simple!
2)I have very little time for people who infer that people who spend their money to educate themselves are gob****es.I that it from DonKing's post that I must fall into this category.I wonder how much research DonKing has carried out on the Whitney program?

RainyDay said:
Is there some criticism hidden in this comment, or is this a compliment for Mr Reed?

Just saying that one should keep an openmind on all commentry.

Hi Pod1:

I didn't infer that people who pay money to educate themselves are gob****es! I myself have paid college fees up to masters degree level in engineering. These courses were value for money. THe RW courses certainly are not.

If you go to the home page ot the RW site, you'll see right at the top the words 'Generate Wealth Quickly' and 'Milllionaire', 'secret techniques'. So Russ whitney training is nothing to do with getting rich quickly then???

These RW courses are extemely over priced for what they are.They don't contain any secret or revoluntionary techniques or methods that can't be found by doing some research, buying some books, getting advice from people who already invest in property, using forums like AAM.

I've looked at the course outline on the RW website and i have to say there doesn't seem to be anything that would make me jump up and down with excitement.

Anybody considering a Russ Whitney or similiar course should be well advised to read through this entire thread and the various links before handing over any money.

POD1, If you don't mind answering ...
How much did you pay for the courses and how much were the advanced/further courses that they no doubt asked you to attend?

What techniques of RW have you employed which allowed you to increase your portfolio by two properties?

Hi DonKing,

Thanks for explaining your opinion in more detail.I do understand what you are saying.I had look at russwhitney.com and you were correct there is reference to 1)quick 2)millionaire 3)secrets.

I think its important to look at this in perspective though.At the end of the day this company are in business and like all businesses they advertise for customers and in doing so they they will use expressions etc which will grab peoples attention.Many people considering property investment,(not all),would I suggest at least have contemplated that it maybe a road to great financial rewards.Perhaps they may become millionaire's etc I know this is the case with many of my own friends and many of those involved for a while in the business have achieved this goal.

My logic is that at the end of the day it would not be beyond the realms of possibility that people advertising property investment courses would use the term "millionaire" and people attending them could become millionaires.

With regards to "quick" and "secrets" I think most people would prefer to achieve things quick rather than slow, again an advertising technique to draw interest.With regard to "secrets" again it attracts attention.The russwhitney.co.uk is not so pushy if you like.

Being 100% honest I think RW letters etc that people got and the adds they published in the press do attract people using these emotive catchphrases etc.I do not like this type of advertising myself however it does attract my attention ocassionally if I wish to find out more about the subject in question.
The RW advertising has that distinctive American feel to it and "does" make things appear easier than they are in reality.However are we not subjected
to this type of stuff everyday!!How many "diet foods" are advertised in this way.Example:people eating Big Mac an Chips and then ordering a diet Coke to somehow make it all calorie free.I am not sayong this is correct rather common.

At the end of the day this is not uncommon.WHAT IS IMPORTANT is that if you do go along to any of these types of events that you go with YOUR BRAIN operating and do not be carried away on the success's of other.You are you and not the person at the front of the room.You have to find out if this type of education is for you.There is nothing wrong with being positive but you must be realistic.

My point is that we all have a personal responsabilty and a responsability to those close to us.While some events/meetings etc will have something which may be worth investing in many others will not but may be worth investing in for other people.Theres nothing wrong with finding out information but be careful what you choose.You and your family will have to live with it.On the other hand one of these seminiars etc could open up a new world to you.But always ask yourself the questions?
Is this really for me?
Have I the time at present?
Can I afford this investment at present?
At the end of the day we are constantly being bombarded with info through advertisng and only you can make the decision if what is being offered is for you!

As regards my own situation i have to date invested around 750 euro in a 3 day course last July.The course was shared with a friend who also paid 750euo.The course is 1500euro whether you attend on you own or not.Gimmicky I know.
This price also covered a set of tapes,books and videos.Around 8 books,10 Cds and 4 video cassettes were in this set.It took me a long time to get through all of this info even once and I am not finished yet.
Having read books before on property etc and having an interest the advantage I found with the course was that you could ask questions to the instructor and to other course participants and discussion was very informative as there were people with many different experiences in field and some with none at all.The general concensus was the info was very good.However as with all information one has to act to produce results and there is no educator like experience.
In addition I met many people and exchanged phone numbers with others who wished to compare notes on strategies and experience etc.For example we were introduced to other Whitney members in Ireland who have experience and success using the techniques thought.For example a mortgage broker who invests using whitney approach gave out his number and through recent discussions with him I have been approved for funding for around 4 more buy to lets the difference is that by using the whitney method i will be able to use much smaller deposits/equity drawdown to secure these properties thus enabling me to grow my portfolio much faster if I find appropriate properties in the future.
The course also thought me a way to find properties that are not normally on the market which are often the best deals one of the 2 propertites I mentioned was purchased in this manner the other was through an agent but I felt much more confident buying this property than I would of had before as I used many evaluation methods I did not know before when purchasing property.

Finally I have signed up to two more courses which I believe are 3 day courses in the UK.One is specifically on But to lets and financing them the other one is more generic and goes under the name Millionaire U, a bit sad i know.I do not expect to return with any more money in my bank account,less in fact, however from previous experience I do expect to have the knowledge and confidence to improve my portfolio and financial situation only after applying action and caution .The cost is 9000euro which is to be shared by two again.There were packages available upto almost thirty thousand euros.A lot of money I know however these basically were additional three day courses on all oher areas of property investment and also a property expert would come and spend time with you developing your investments in the way you wish,in the field as such.
There is also a freephone number which I can call 8-8 Mon-Fri to go back over any principles learnt in the courses I have found this very good and ran through my new investments with these people before finalising.I found it excellent to talk to people with PI experience before completing.Of course they were giving me their opinions and did not give me any guarantees but what they said made since to me.
Any courses I signed upto to had a 14 day period to pull out of with a full money back guarantee so if somebdy did feel they had made the wrong decision they could pull out.I having been in sales myself before did not find the Whitney people at all pushy they respected that 9000euro or whatever was a lot of money and used no heavy pressure in my opinion.

I hope this explains how I feel about the courses better than before.I am not a whitney robot or anything of the sort.I have also invested in a 4 year degree course in Biochemistry which cost me a fortune as I had to live away from home etc as many do.When I finished around 8 years ago I went into sales and also I work for myself.Since i graduated I never used so much as a scrap of Biochemistry.Where was the value in that course??I suggest the value was in life experience and realising the importance of the choices we make.

Hopefully this will lead to a more productive dialogue about the course rather than broad sweeping statements which are really of no value to anyone.I totally acept these courses are not for everyone but some people may find them of use like all other things in life.

Regards and best wishes,

Patrick

An interesting review of [broken link removed] and comments from some of his other clients.

Re: Key Post: Russ Whitney - Multi-Millionaire

Is this inside track? I am after getting three letters from them over the last 12 months, I got another letter today and it will go to the same destination as the others (the rubbish bin). If it's that easy to make money from property why do auctioneers and estate agents travel to work every day instead of sitting at home making a fortune? Where does he get peoples addresses? he uses my full address that only few people know.

Is this inside track? I am after getting three letters from them over the last 12 months, I got another letter today and it will go to the same destination as the others (the rubbish bin). If it's that easy to make money from property why do auctioneers and estate agents travel to work every day instead of sitting at home making a fortune? Where does he get peoples addresses? he uses my full address that only few people know.

Was there a large free-post envelope included by any chance? If so put an old telephone book into it and post it back to them...won't receive too many more letters then ;)

No just an 1800 phone number to find the place and time of the FREE workshop.

Back