Run Flat Tyres & puncture repair

I know Phoenix tyres on Jones Rd do the runflat tyres for Joe Duffy Motors they might be able to help you

Thanks.

I'll give them a shout.

It's a Ford S-max - doe n't even have a jack I can use to take the tyre off to inspect it.

if it on the part of the tyre that touches the ground and not the sidewall you can

you need to find a place that does the plugs, there is one beside the old star bowling place in crumlin by the hospital

i found this out after paying a fortune for a replacement tyre

I was told that run-flat tyres can not be repaired and believe it after I've been shown how the tyre split. I had a puncture this summer and had to buy a new tyre.

By way of update...

Brought the car to FastFit in Coolmine (no connection) expecting to have to pay up for a new tyre.

Thet took off the tyre, checked it, it had a large nail in it, took it out, repaired the tyre and I'm back in business.

I was told had the tyre deflated fully and I used the repair kit - aerosol can, I would have needed a new one.

So far so good

I got a punture last week on my rear run flat tyre, brought it to Phoneix Tyres beside croke park. Was expecting to fork out for a new one which would have been €305 (18" wheels) - luckily enough they were able to plug it - they pulled out half a stanly blade which I picked up off the road - who throws these things on to a road ;-(

I only drove around 10 miles on the deflated tyre so no damage to the tyre; thankfully it was only €12 to plug.

Mahons

Back