Rugby World Cup

Markjbloggs

Apart from the poor performance of the Ireland team, it has been a mediocre spectacle so far.

- TV3 ( and ITV ) have made a total mess of the commentary and aftermatch analysis. Please, revert to RTE and BBC for the next one.
- Countries fielding their second string agianst the big teams.
- Today's NZ v Scotland match was a joke. Who could tell them apart?

Hopefully the knock out stages are a bit better.

Yeah, it was very difficult to tell Scotland and NZ apart. Who looked at those two sets of jerseys and thought that they'd be easy to distinguish??

Samoa v RSA match second half was just electric, with so many of the minor teams getting hockeyed by their top ranking opposition it was great to see those lads nearly getting there. I think part of the problem is that it's just not much fun to watch a major team racking up sixty plus over a less experienced one, we want to see a contest, a battle.

Maybe IRL v Argentina will be a match we all remember for years to come!!

Apart from the poor performance of the Ireland team, it has been a mediocre spectacle so far.

- TV3 ( and ITV ) have made a total mess of the commentary and aftermatch analysis. Please, revert to RTE and BBC for the next one.
- Today's NZ v Scotland match was a joke. Who could tell them apart?

Hopefully the knock out stages are a bit better.

The next one will go to the highest bidder. Just like this one.
Resting your "big" players for an upcoming match is frustrating for the fans, but all part of the game.
It was easy to tell NZ & Scotland apart. NZ were the ones scoring.:( (you're right about the colours though. that was ridiculous)

The IRB were off their head selling the TV rights to Setanta, and TV3. I'm a sports nut, will watch two flies crawling up a wall if they give a cup for it, and yet aside from the Ireland matches, I've only watched three other games so far.

Like its football equivalent, the whole of the RWC should be on free to air, preferably on the Beeb and RTE. It's their biggest advertisement for the game, and yet they are wasting it. I think that ITV4 is free to air, but finding UTV on my skybox is technical enough, without adding other channels manually. My son aged 5 and a half (who could potentially play the game) is barely aware of the RWC's existence. This is a little guy who considers himself a Sunderland fan and hasn't yet gotten over the fact that Kerry beat Dublin.

It's just a waste!

Let's face it, Scotland were never going to beat New Zealand even if they picked their best team, and New Zealand sent out the under 19 squad. Their focus is on the tournament as a whole, not just the one game. If they beat Italy, they go one stage further in the tournament.

They should skip to the chase and just let NZ play South Africa in a best of 3 final which the All Blacks would win......however I do think that the Springboks will win the final in a one off match.....

The IRB were off their head selling the TV rights to Setanta, and TV3. I'm a sports nut, will watch two flies crawling up a wall if they give a cup for it, and yet aside from the Ireland matches, I've only watched three other games so far.

Highest bidder no doubt, im sure as these stations get used to showing these events their coverage will improve over time, for me however its not the same without George hook on the box...

Back