Rubber tubing

legend99

I'm reposting this as it was closed for being in the wrong forum. if this is the wrong forum again can someone please suggest what is the right forum.
Tks.

Hi,

can anyone help me out here? I need to basically get hold of rubber tubing/rubber sheathing of about 16-18mm diamter to fix an old toy. I need to basically surround a wheel with rubber rims so hence I am thinking of a tube that I could slice.

The criteria is that the tubing needs to be totally rubber, i.e. not coated in plastic as I need it to grip around a plastic wheel that that will be running on a plastic trap so internally and externally the tube needs to 'grip'. The actual wall of the tube cannot be thick, i.e. needs to be about 1mm only. So essentially a rubber tube of 16-18mm which is constructed of material of around 1mm. Any suggestions? I have check motor parts shops and electrical wholesellers with no success so far!

Tks!

Get a heavy duty mountain bike tube and cut this down to size. Glue it on to the plastic wheel with epoxy resin.

yea, I had thought of the bike tube and spoke to a guy in the bike shop and he said that diameter of bike tube be bigger than that. But I suppose I could cut it as strips and glue it on if it came to it...

speak to an engineering supplies company. Rubber hydraulic o-rings might do the job.

You can get 16mm OD tubing [broken link removed], see SMC-E-FL96/15, silicone, but might do the trick.

Back