RTE's Consumer Show - tracker mortgages to go next year?

On another off-topic note, the RTE player nothing short of an absolute disgrace IMO. You can't watch 30 secs of anything without it stalling. Whatever about stalling/buffering when watching a live programme (eg World Cup etc) there is no excuse for it while watching a programme that has already been recorded. Why oh why do we have to put up with shoddiness everywhere we turn in this country.

Its likely to be down to your broadband rather than RTE. I find the RTE player great and watched the whole all-ireland football game yesterday on it and many repeat programs.

You can check your broadband speed here ... [broken link removed]

Its likely to be down to your broadband rather than RTE. I find the RTE player great and watched the whole all-ireland football game yesterday on it and many repeat programs.

You can check your broadband speed here ... [broken link removed]

Agreed. You need to vent your spleen at your broadband provider not RTE in this instance.

RTE Player always works flawlessly for me, recorded or live media streaming. Even the Katie Taylor fight on Saturday evening, which I assume would have been watched by many people, streamed stutter-free for me.

Fair enough. I don't have any issues with other sites though and I can never watch RTE player comfortably, either in work or at home. The World Cup was atrocious on RTE even though I could watch a different HD stream perfectly with no stuttering at all AT THE SAME TIME!

Download Speed is 3505 kbps
Upload Speed is 325 kbps
Ping Test 63ms

Getting off-topic here though so I'll post this post in the relevant section

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=143983&highlight=RTE+player

Had a look at the programme this morning and that is what he said. His opinion was that people should come off trackers as early as next year to go onto a fixed rate. The clip is at the very end.

They actually played the closing music and rolled the credits while he was talking about it which I thought was incredible to say the least, given that this item would be more important to most people than any other item on the show.

Yes I heard him say that and I thought it was a bit strange to say on a consumer show to come off your tracker mortgage and go fixed. Perhaps it might apply to people who for some reason know that they will definitely be fixing at some point but otherwise it didn't make any sense to me.

Back