RTE reporting on Ulster-bank

Going back to the original post, I thought the RTE report was very biased also ... against the lender. On the one hand, David Hall of IMHO got his usual free airtime, talking about how outrageous the sale of the loans was and how it needed to be stopped immediately. On the other hand, there was never a mention of why Ulster Bank's policy is not to do deals -- presumably because it would increase the number of non-payers even further. Think about it, it's already next to impossible to repossess a property even while mortgage defaulters get free or almost free accommodation for years on end, but now the reward for non-payment would be an additional write-down of the loan amount. Completely crazy stuff. And people then complain that SVR rates are too high, in a country where it is effectively impossible to exercise security over a loan. The whole system is banjaxed.

On the one hand, David Hall of IMHO got his usual free airtime, talking about how outrageous the sale of the loans was and how it needed to be stopped immediately.

I saw that on the 9 O'Clock News. As I said in an earlier post, if there is any bias, it's completely against the lenders.

However, I am not sure that it's bias either way to be honest. RTE has to report on it.
They report the facts as presented to them by Ulster Bank.
Then they need a comment on this. Father McVerry and David Hall are always ready to come out with a comment slating the lenders and they were true to form last night.

If you want to know what bias is, listen to Matt Cooper on the topic. It starts at 3.27 [broken link removed]. :)

And the EXACT same media people will report on banks excessive variable interest rates.

One of the reason for excessive inerest rates is the inability to repossess homes and cut their losses.

To think any media person "champions" mortgage holders who have not engaged in any way and many are ver 3 years in arrears is just amazing and shows how the tabloid media including the indo have no real interest in proper news, but only intetested in how hyterical a headline they can create.

Sorry, but if someone is paying nothing and not engaging for over 2 years there should be automatic repossession except in very extreme circumstances.

Back