RTE Radio Ciaran Cuddihy

Had to turn him off. He went onto say during that segue that maybe to make it palatable for everyone, if the landlord split the tax relief with the tenant 50/50 it might be a runner.

The man is clearly intent on proving to everyone that he's a bit of a clown. I thought Duffy was bad but he is much worse.
 
Landlords need "regulation relief" as well as tax relief. I'd go so far to say that regulation relief is more urgent at this point than tax relief.

The regulation minefield is what drove me out.

Also I wouldn't expect any sort of fairness on the air with Cuddihy. Anytime I've tuned in he's revealed himself to have no time for anyone even remotely "right" leaning. Any landlord who phones into that will likely get piled on.

It would be nice if the IPOA had a capable media rep to go on...
 
The regulation minefield is what drove me out.
Agreed, it is not tax, it is the regulation minefield which is guaranteed sooner or later to blow up in your face if you are a landlord. Tax is too high for everyone. I can't see any reason why landlords should get special treatment.

It would be political suicide anyway to give landlords a generous tax break. The opposition would have a field day.

It would be nice if the IPOA had a capable media rep to go on...
Yes, they really need some media training.

It would also be great if they stopped this pointless obsession with tax breaks and concentrated on the regulation part instead.
 
It would be nice if the IPOA had a capable media rep to go on...
I'm very disappointed with the IPOA, they don't appear to be making the case for small property owners at all.

I've been a member for about ten years but won't be renewing..... more importantly I wont have any tenants or properties so happy days ahead !
 
Back
Top