RTE- another brutal round of rubbish programmes

And I say that as a brother of a down syndrome. My parents were disgusted by his article. Rubbish journalist and ever worse presenter.[/QUOTE]

What a terrible way to refer to a sibling - as a medical condition

Thought The Savage Eye was good in spots, thought their portrayal of Brian Lenihan was very good. I have seen a lot worse on RTE.

Got to say I enjoyed The Savage Eye too. I think it's one of the better comedies RTE have produced.

Plan for RTE

1. Transfer broadcast infrastructure to ESB Networks

2. Close down remainder

TV3 last night - Driving me crazy :eek:

Caught a bit of this crap as well last night - won't make that mistake again!. Nell McCafferty and Flatleys ex in a car. The whole premise was that they had to attempt a journey from Dublin to Galway in 4 hours - wow what a challenge all to win €1000 for charity - sure you'd drive that in 2 hours. Worst bit apart from the ever annoying and fake Nell McCafferty was listening to the commentary which talked about all the 'Drama' in the car, what feckin drama? - Dublin to Galway you can't go far wrong.

That's it, new years resolution stay away from Irish TV.

Caught a bit of this crap as well last night - won't make that mistake again!. Nell McCafferty and Flatleys ex in a car. The whole premise was that they had to attempt a journey from Dublin to Galway in 4 hours -

Ah come on, I think you might have made that up...didn't you?

Ah come on, I think you might have made that up...didn't you?

To whet your appetite for next week ..

Driving Me Crazy

Wednesday 19 January
7:30pm - 8:00pm
TV3
Linda Martin and Geraldine O'Callaghan

Winner of the 1992 Eurovision Song Contest Linda Martin shares a car journey to Lough Derg with Geraldine O'Callaghan, who was a candidate on The Apprentice and earned a formidable reputation for bluntness in the boardroom.

Most simply seem to be RTE employees who must have to appear as part of their contract just to fill a time slot on the station. .

Late Late show guests were announced for tonight and it includes the Operation Transformation gang (RTE TV show members), Kathyrn Thomas (RTE tv show presenter) and wait for it.....Theresa Lowe discussing her "successful marriage" (former RTE presenter) and a successful marriage is hardly a complete rarity / prime time viewing??

Fizzelina, you beat me to it!
I have just read that description of Late Late guests and was about to post it. I cannot believe they said Frank McNamara and Thersa Lowe will be on to discuss their successful marriage. Riveting stuff

Caught a bit of this crap as well last night - won't make that mistake again!. Nell McCafferty and Flatleys ex in a car. The whole premise was that they had to attempt a journey from Dublin to Galway in 4 hours - wow what a challenge all to win €1000 for charity - sure you'd drive that in 2 hours. Worst bit apart from the ever annoying and fake Nell McCafferty was listening to the commentary which talked about all the 'Drama' in the car, what feckin drama? - Dublin to Galway you can't go far wrong.

This post will be deleted if not edited immediately H Christ.

I have an idea for a show: Celebrity Shop.

Twink goes to Tescos on Wednesday evening to get her weekly shop in. With cameras. That's it.

Featuring SPECIAL surprise purchase - a pavlova because the aunt might drop by.

Late Late show guests were announced for tonight and it includes the Operation Transformation gang (RTE TV show members), Kathyrn Thomas (RTE tv show presenter) and wait for it.....Theresa Lowe discussing her "successful marriage" (former RTE presenter) and a successful marriage is hardly a complete rarity / prime time viewing??

It seems to me the Late Late show now only consists of:

Various z-list zelebs who are on the circuit plugging their latest book
RTE presenters who are plugging their own shows
People with various medical conditions

I genuinely wonder where my licence fee is going? To pay the over-inflated salaries of presenters I presume........

What happened to the Late Late topical issues / controversial debates of the Gay Byrne years when the show seemed to be more than Z list celebs, RTE presenters and sick people / people with sick children. Can anyone remember the last time they spoke in work at the coffee machine on Monday about the Late Late show.......

This was a ridiculous programme, not an ounce of humour or wit throughout the entire thing. Very boring and pointless.

Sorry, this is what I was referring to.

I rarely watch chat shows start to finish but was amused when I saw that Teresa and husband Frank will be on. No disrespect to them but who cares.

They really have broken through the bottom of the barrel and are now digging into the soil. I'm waiting for work experience students telling us about they break through to the bottom of the barrel.

Still though, better than Jordan or Kerry.

Back