RTE and the American not-yet-an-election

What really perplexes me is the adulation of Obama by the media but then this is the same media who failed to ask real questions of the Bush Admin before Iraq War and for a long time after.

The problem the media and the Democrats have is that it looks like they've turned the corner in Iraq. US soldiers are now in mainly support and training roles rather than actual patrolling. The death rate has dropped. Troop numbers are being reduced. The economy is growing very quickly and Iraqis are beginning to return to a sense of normality.

I really don't know what exactly JFK did during his term of office to warrant mass retrospective adulation

Well lets see, he lost the Cuban missile crisis (they had to pull their ballistic missile screen out of Turkey in order to get the Soviet missiles out of Cuba), made a pigs ear of overthrowing Castro (pun intended), started the Vietnam war (first troops in direct combat though they had been there since the 1940's) and he got into power by stuffing ballot boxes. He also behaved despicable in his personal life while in office.
But he is loved...
I am a much bigger fan of Nixon; he was a great man.

Was listening to Joe Duffy today and he had a guy on saying that RTE are over-doing it just a little on the coverage of the pre-election stuff in the US. Joe couldn't see the point the guy was making (what's new ?) and just didn't understand the problem.

Am I the only person (well plus they guy who phoned Joe) who is getting tired of the amount of coverage on the radio of the whole thing ? I know that the choice of the next US president is important, but there are a whole 8 or 10 months to go before the election. Are we going to have coverage at this rate for that long ?

And before someone chimes in and tells me that I can change channel and don't have to listen to it - I already do that. It doesn't stop me from thinking that our national broadcaster is spending a lot of money and a lot of air time on what isn't even the election contest yet in a different country.

z
How come nobody has asked Eamon Dunphy his opinion on this important issue?:confused:

political gag o' the day:

Barack Obama now considered the front-runner.
You know what they say, behind every successful man is a woman.
Hillary was surprised to find out that it was her.

Back