RTB registration, rent level and mortgage interest relief- owner's son living with three rent paying friends

I found this RTB document
I thought those SSA rules do not apply to an ‘ordinary’ property ie. the student residence building itself had to be designed / built for exclusive use by students during the academic term and the occupants can never get Part4 rights whether they are classed as tenants or licensees. Is that wrong?
 
Is that wrong?
You are right. I've not looked into the details, but RTB guidance on it here.

For a property to be considered SSA:
  • It must be used exclusively for student accommodation during the academic term.
  • It is typically purpose-built or designated for student use.
  • It is registered as SSA with the RTB by the provider or Higher Education Institutes (HEI). SSA status is declared during the tenancy registration process – see more about registrations below.
 
Finally, I’d be very happy to pay for an hour or so of professional advice on this. If anyone can recommend a pragmatic Dublin solicitor or tax adviser who understands small landlords, licence arrangements, RTB rules and the related tax issues, I’d appreciate a recommendation.
Cork based barrister who runs seminars on tenancy law (next ones October 6,7th, links below), posts on this forum.
Gerard N. Murphy <gmurphy@lawlibrary.ie>
 
Back
Top