RTB portal never planned for a tenant voluntary leaving

Upanddown

Hello,

My tenant has given me notice to quit.

I’ve looked at the “End Tenancy” form on the RTB portal and there is an option for “Tenants Moved Out”.
Unfortunately immediately after that the form requires a Notice of Termination form to be sent to the RTB.

The Notice of Termination form has no option for when the tenant voluntary moves out.
Does anyone know how I can correctly inform the RTB or is this potentially an edge case the RTB have never considered?

Thanks
John

To answer my own question, I think I need to tell my tenant to send me a standard notification of termination providing appropriate notice period found below. So the RTB have considered it but why oh why it has to be so complicated I don’t know.
[RTB website]/ending-a-tenancy/notices-of-termination/sample-notices-of-termination

Same here, I just ignored it and I don't think there can be any issue with doing that. Why would you serve a notice to quit when the tenant leaves of their own accord? But the RTB site does seem to assume that tenants stay forever until the landlord evicts them!

A problem I ran in to is this - I had a new tenancy just after annual registration comes in, so I registered the tenancy and paid the €40 fee. Six months later the tenant left and I re-let but it was really unclear how to register the new tenancy and avoid a further €40 annual registration charge. I have a couple of apartments with short term tenants (hospital staff) and the first time it happened, I paid the second €40, was promised a refund by the RTB, but unsurprisingly never got it. The second time I added my new tenant to the existing registration and, after many emails, got the RTB staff to remove the original tenant. Did anyone come across this and is there a simple solution to it?

Back