Royal Oak,Shanowen,Lorcan: anyone any opinions on these areas in Santry?

They are all ok areas.
If I was to live in one of them my order of preference would be Shanowen, Lorcan then Royal Oak.

hi crush, i live in royal oak. Some reasons why it is nice, lots of green areas for recreation, nice neighbours, at least on our street, quiet enough neighbourhood, hsve never seen any hassle. The houses are newer than Lorcan and Shanowen which means that any work needing to be done might involve less gutting. The only negative is that approx 20-25% of estate is rented so houses look a little unkempt. If you want to know anymore just ask!

I'm not sure if it's anything you're taking into consideration but the bus services in all those areas are rumored to change over the Summer. The 16 may no longer serve Shanownen or Beaumont and the 27b may no longer serve Royal Oak. It's not confirmed yet though so it might not happen.

Lorcan is a lovely quiet are if a little on the old side and near lots of facilities

Wouldnt buy in Shanowen, there is an awful noise problem with the Students from DCU. Tuesday nights when the student bar has drinks for €2 are the worst.

Back