Royal London and people's experience dealing with them

Acorn22

Hi

I'm wondering has anyone on here dealt with Royal London Insurance (mortgage protection, life protection etc)? What kind of experience did you have?

Thanks

Last edited:
My firm has been doing business with Royal London (including its previous incarnation Caledonian Life) for over 20 years. They're a good outfit. For years they've stuck to selling only protection policies and nothing else. They don't sell pension or investment products in Ireland. They just do one thing and they do it well.

No issues here, have had to ask them for letters for mortgage switches several times and have gotten same day responses so very happy with their service.

Have not yet had to claim from them as I'm still on the right side of the sod. But responsiveness to requests has been fine.

Very good service, quick to respond, very helpful to guide us through the process.

Haven’t had to claim from them though, I guess that’s really when a better judgement can be made on how good the service is.

Happy with them insofar as they provide cover (when I took out the policy, it was the cheapest by far) and respond quickly to queries. Haven’t claimed off them yet, happily, so haven’t dealt with them from the “business end” of things.

I have mortgage protection with them. I was overcharged on my debit card by about e80.00. There is another random charge too on the same date. I'm not sure what for. I have queried this (about a month ago) and I'm still waiting for them to get back. It's been frustrating.

I have mortgage protection with them. I was overcharged on my debit card by about e80.00. There is another random charge too on the same date. I'm not sure what for. I have queried this (about a month ago) and I'm still waiting for them to get back. It's been frustrating.

If the policy was taken out through a broker, go back to the broker and ask them to take this up with Royal London for you.

Back