Royal Liver Anti Money Laundering requirements

shipibo

A Chairde,

A policy I have with RL has matured, money sum is small, and expected them to send me a cheque, instead I got a form stating because of new anti money laundering requirements in Ireland, I had to send them a copy of my passport, with Garda, accountant,solicitors stamp/sig. to verify my identity.

I sent bills, passport copy / garda stamp.

They sent me back a letter, stating that under Irish legislation, I need to get his staff number, signature, contact details and confirmation this is a true copy of the doc !!!!

Covered under criminal justice act, Has Irish legislation got this anal ......

I thought all those laws only applied to accounts opened within the last 10 years or so. When was your account opened?

And no, I never heard that it had got that anal. Might be worth ringing them to see what the exact story is.

I thought they only applied to opening new accounts - not closing existing ones.

No - where an account was opened before these rules were in effect the financial instution can (and probably must) (re-)verify the account holder's identity if they don't already have the necessary documentation on file.

Under Irish legislation, I need to get his staff number, signature, contact details and confirmation this is a true copy of the doc !!!!

This would appear to be a RL requirement as almost everyone else accepts a Garda stamped passport photocopy and Utility bill as ID

Hi,

I had a couple of maturities too recently.. I just photocopied my passport and utility bill and asked a garda to sign and stamp them No problem. I returned them to RL and had payment cheques by return.

I know in certain areas Gardai are no longer willing to endorse copies in this manner... however in my case I knew the particular garda on duty.

The other thing I found out is that you no longer need the original policy to return on maturity even though they ask for it. I was paid without sending thm back to RL.

I also had a Royal Liver policy mature last month (God bless it but it was hardly worth while!!!) and again I had to send anti money laundering documentation. Sent phone bill, copy driving licence and copy of passport which I had stamped by local garda station. Got my cheque two weeks ago. No problems.

Was told by RL it was criminal justice bill required, had no choice, guards done this no hassle.

this was third time, and needed different info each time, ah well , got me money , and am busy selling it in the nearest sweet shop.

Back