Rowan Lane, Riverstick: Cork

• Thread starter upsetteacher
  • Start date
U

upsetteacher

Hi everyone,
Myself and my partner are thinking of buying in Cork. We really like Riverstick and Belgooly. I am hoping to go and see one of the houses in Rowan Lane in Riverstick next week. Just wondering if anyone has any advice on the area or this development. We were thinking of going down the building route but as neither of us are from Cork this looks like it could be tough.
Any thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated

Re: Rowan Lane Riverstick

Dont know the particular park you mention but generally speaking Riverstick and surrounding area very nice..not too far from the city and kinsale. Only advice i can give is to check out if the area you have in mind is subject to flooding and for that matter check with Insurance companies that they would provide cover. I gather after recent flooding some insuranace companies will not provide cover in certain areas so it is vital to know if you can get it before ;proceeding .

Thank you for you reply. We will go and have a look at the houses next week and see what feel we get for them. I think they are built by O Flynn construction. Has anyone bought a house built by this construction company before? I would love some feedback.
Thanks again

Given the state of the economy, the likelihood of prices dropping further and the fact that you are not familiar with the area would you not consider renting instead of buying??

Yes you are right. I think we will go and have a look anyway next week and see what we think of the houses themselves anyway and we will know whether to cross them off the list or not. We have been keeping an eye on the market for a year or so know but its so hard to tell isn't it. The guide prices seem to stay the same on so many of the houses so its hard to know whether they are moving down or not.
Thanks for your advice. Its been something I have been thinking about too.

What did you make of the houses in Rowan View? I see they are back up for sale again. Only number 10 was sold.

Back