roundabout etiquette

T

Tom

Maybe its me but it seems driving behaviour at roundabouts is getting worse.One example is the Leopardstown roundabout.You've got two lanes leading onto it from both directions and a number of exits.If I'm approaching from the Lamb Doyle direction and I'm going down the Leopardstown road I'll stay in the outside lane (i.e. the one furthest from the kerb) but a lot of the time I'll have a car on my inside who is taking the same exit.Surely the inside lane is for cars going down Brewery road?, otherwise the outside lane is only for cars turning into the hospital?.
Likewise you'll have cars coming up from the N11 staying in the inside lane but turning right into the estate, sometimes just missing cars in the outside lane who are driving straight on!

Swings an Roundabouts

Tom, I think it is ok to take the inside lane if you are taking the second exit as there are effectively two lanes going into that exit.

However, your last example of people from the N11 being in the outside lane and going straight on is a definite no-no. I think they're thrown into confusion by this Bus Lane which isn't. :D

Re: Swings an Roundabouts

Might be a good idea to keep all related discussion in the . Thanks.

Back